Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory plug?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008 | 05:31 PM
firefighter3666
|
Road Master
Default Accessory plug?

Do the '06 Dyna's have an accessory plug that is tied to the ignition? I know there is a plug under the seat, but I thought I saw somewhere that it's hooking up a computer to read the diagnostic codes. Looking for something switched to wire in my GPS.

Old 01-26-2008 | 01:46 AM
WildBill76
Tourer
Default RE: Accessory plug?

I have not found one yet. I did not see one in the shop manual either. But there are some accessory ports on the fuse block.

Old 01-26-2008 | 11:03 AM
DynaDon
Cruiser

Northern Tools and Advance Auto also sell a mini fuse that plugs in to a fuse and has a fuse added to it - off to the side. You can tap any fuse for power. It's only 5 bucks and may work for your application.
I plan to buy a small fuse block (3-5 fuses) and connect it to the battery to run my added stuff.
Good luck - dd

Old 01-26-2008 | 12:36 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member

didn't see you were looking for '06 - my mistake.

Old 01-26-2008 | 01:00 PM
Dynamite17
Road Captain

I recently installed a Powerlet accessory plug on my 07 Low Rider.

It is not a standard cig lighter plug (but they have an adapter for many GPSs and other devices) and has a solid connection that seems very vibration proof. There is also an adapter I am using now to keep the battery charged with my Battery Tender. I wired it directly to the battery. There is another version called Powerbar + that you can connect a standard RAM mount for accessories, I have a Garmin GPS attached to it. You can see it here:

I don't work for them or anything like that.

I suggest buying directly from Powerlet and NOT from Eastern Beaver, one of their vendors who I had an issue with. When I went direct to them, they were very helpful.

B

Old 01-26-2008 | 01:38 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member

I like that outlet, but too small for my handlebars (1 1/4 in). I bought my powerlet directly from powerlet, no problems, prompt shipment. I'm looking for a way to hook up one of these outlets to the front of the bike, out of the way/not visible, to power my GPS on a trip.

ORIGINAL: Dynamite17

I recently installed a Powerlet accessory plug on my 07 Low Rider.

It is not a standard cig lighter plug (but they have an adapter for many GPSs and other devices) and has a solid connection that seems very vibration proof. There is also an adapter I am using now to keep the battery charged with my Battery Tender. I wired it directly to the battery. There is another version called Powerbar + that you can connect a standard RAM mount for accessories, I have a Garmin GPS attached to it. You can see it here:

I don't work for them or anything like that.

I suggest buying directly from Powerlet and NOT from Eastern Beaver, one of their vendors who I had an issue with. When I went direct to them, they were very helpful.

B

Old 01-26-2008 | 07:38 PM
firefighter3666
|
Road Master

So, I'm guessing from the few responses that the answer to my question is no. I thoughtthe black plug under the seat wasfor diagnostics but wantedto be sure. Thanks to thosethat posted alternative like the Powerlet, unfortunately that will not work for what I'm doing.

Old 01-26-2008 | 07:46 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member

I don't know about your 2006, but my 2004 (supposedly later models also) have a plug behind the elcecrical caddy which is switched. I got this gizmo from Harley to tap into the plug, it is listed as fitting 2004 and later Dynas:

[IMG]local://upfiles/1981/CB26DDF11FB048EFBA4548A772F7C179.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-26-2008 | 08:36 PM
firefighter3666
|
Road Master

That gizmo is interesting, any chance you have a part number or price?

Going in a different direction, I posted this in the Electrical Help section, but will look for some Dyna specific help:

On the diagram for the fuse box (picture attached) there are spots for spare, open, and accessory. One of the open lists a max of 2A.

So, if I use one of these - http://www.tessco.com/products/image...?itemID=123520- Am I correct in assuming that any of the spare/open/accessory fuse spots would have power and work? If so, is the accessory the only one that's going to be switched to the ignition.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20191/4D4BBA817A0B4A69B72EE240CE7263FD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2008 | 06:56 AM
firefighter3666
|
Road Master

bump. . .

Quick Reply: Accessory plug?