Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crimson red denim Fat Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:11 PM
snuffer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crimson red denim Fat Bob?

Seems like almost everyones buying the black denim Fat Bobs. If anyone has pictures of their crimson red denim Fat Bob I'd be interested in seeing it. I know I can go to the Harley site and look at the various colors but it seems like paint colors I see on their site look quite a bit different then when I see then in person (could be my monitor?)

Anyone have any experience with the crimson red denim?

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Mad Dwarf
Intermediate
Default RE: Crimson red denim Fat Bob?

There are a couple of candy reds in this forum, but I have not seen anyone post a Red denim. I have seen photos from an article in the denim

Old 01-14-2008, 11:06 PM
triman
Cruiser

Got a Crimson Fat Bob in December of 07'. It's a sweet ride! Before I got the bike, I saw so many here that had black and I just wanted to get something different. On the showroom, the neon lights make the paint look kinda purple, but out in the sun, that paint is bad ***! I've gotten tons of comments about the paint and how great it looks. I've moded the bike with smoked signal lenses, a smoked LED tail light, changed the derby cover to the fin black, and currently taking off the "letter opener" part of the tank emblem. Will try to add pics later.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:26 PM
YesterdaysCorn
Cruiser

Love that color....thats originally what I had ordered (3 month wait)....then the dealer called me out of the blue and said he had a FB on the floor...guys loan fell through. Not a big fan of silver but the demin pewter really looked better then I thought it would.....looks much better in person.....and I didn't have to wait.....LOL

Still like that Crimson...

[IMG]local://upfiles/43349/BDA13748EC5146BEAA959C43A62FC455.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Muddyape
Road Master

Saw a Crimson denim at the local dealership.....didnt at all like the Fat Bob but I loved the color. It is sweet in person and its a change of pace.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:29 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

I like the denim colors. My is primer grey (pewter denim). To me the flat red looks like red lead primer. But that's justme. You pick the color that you like and don't let anyone talk you out of your choice.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:41 PM
steel insane
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: triman

Got a Crimson Fat Bob in December of 07'. It's a sweet ride! Before I got the bike, I saw so many here that had black and I just wanted to get something different. On the showroom, the neon lights make the paint look kinda purple, but out in the sun, that paint is bad ***! I've gotten tons of comments about the paint and how great it looks. I've moded the bike with smoked signal lenses, a smoked LED tail light, changed the derby cover to the fin black, and currently taking off the "letter opener" part of the tank emblem. Will try to add pics later.
Where'd you get the smoked LED tail light?

Old 01-15-2008, 01:57 PM
stagolee
Road Master

ORIGINAL: steel insane
Where'd you get the smoked LED tail light?
Yes, where'd you get the smoked LED tail light?

I also have the Crimson Red Denim and am constantly getting comments on it.

I first fell in love with the Black Denim - because it was the first FB that I saw - but after spending more time with the Crimson Red Denim I began to regard the black denim as 'typical'.

As stated before, the paint job in the sun is amazing. It's got these subtle paint flecks that sparkle a little. It's a nice touch.

I've never seen the Fat Bob in Pewter Denim, Black Pearl or Dark Blue Pearl. I've seen all the other colors in real life and while all the colors are remarkable, I'm happy with the choice I made.

Here's a photo of the tank/fender in the sunlight.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:58 PM
amish
Road Captain

the Streetbon in denium red is hot
that would be my second choice after black denium

Old 01-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ordered a Fat Bob in Black Pearl. I had a hard job deciding what colour I wanted because they all look good. I guessed that it would be harder to deal with minor scratches on a denim colour. I chose Pearl Black after admiring that colour on an FXDC. I saw a Fat Bob in candy red a couple of weeks ago and it looked much better that it does in the pictures.

Quick Reply: Crimson red denim Fat Bob?