Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FUEL INJ. CONTROLLER FOR ST. BOB

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 05:13 PM
PEGDRAGGER
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUEL INJ. CONTROLLER FOR ST. BOB

HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT WHAT THE BEST FUEL INJECTION CONTROLLER FOR THE NEW CLOSED LOOP F.I. ON THE 06 STREET BOB.
I HAVE A FI 1340 ST TFI WITH "STEALTH TECHNOLOGY" BY DOBECK PERFORMANCE COMING AND IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL WORK...
HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS UNIT???????????????

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A WHEELIE!!!

Old 01-11-2006, 07:43 PM
fireball
Intermediate
Default RE: FUEL INJ. CONTROLLER FOR ST. BOB

Pegdragger,

I bought the same unit from dobeck.I have already installed mine ,but due to cold temps I am unable to ride.Be aware the install time will take more than 1 hour,but otherwise everything works as specefied per instructions.
I have talked to dobeck about settings for my particular bike{SE A/C/,SE II slipon balonies and the stage 1 reflash.}basically they gave me a starting point and said fine tune from their. Due to the new closed loop 02 and fuel injection systems they do not have alot of data from customers yet and they are listening for feed back so they can add info to their data base.
Don't be afraid to use thier forums for info or their customer service...very helpful.........Now if I could get some warm [at least 50deg] temps and dry air I will be able to find out what this thing can do...Have fun with yours and ride safe.

Fireball
06 FXD35 #336

Old 01-12-2006, 03:20 AM
PEGDRAGGER
Banned

Thanks for the reply...my street bob runs really well when its cool, bounce wheelies on every shift, smoking burn outs if I wish.
It just seams lean.. (looking at the snow white plugs) We have 70 deg. days and nights are about 50 deg. This is not my only bike ....
As far as i have heard this fuel injection modifer is the deepest for the cheapest....
Later Andre'.
P.S. If I could get 10 % more power I would be happy !!! ( for now)

Old 01-12-2006, 05:25 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From looking at the web site, it appears that the Dobeck product is pretty similar to the PCIII. It simply intercepts and modifies the signal to the injectors.

IMO (FWTW) the SERT is a much better product. For about $100 more you gain control of idle speed, red line, ignition curves, and you get data logging.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah - all this information, SERT, PCIII, Dobeck, HD downlaod etc - has left me totally confused as to what is the best thing.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:18 PM
PEGDRAGGER
Banned

He who waits is not lost on this one. Every day I learn more about this subject.There isn't alot of info out for the 06 Most cheap systems claim not to work on the 06. ..The power commander wants you to plug the pipe bungs...
The wild things controller won't work , many simple controllers are overridden by the closed loop after driving for a while. I hear the fi 1340 ST tfi
unit by Dobeck Performance claims it will work and they have a great website with people who can answer any question and give alternate #'s
for the 4 adjustible pots. Plus at $ 224 it is probably the deepest for the cheapest...You don't have to cut or splice wires so thats a plus.

I have a PC3 on my 05 elec. glide and had it dynoed about 20 times (bring earplugs!!!) with S.E air intake and thunderheader and ended up with 74 hp and 79 ft lbs of torque. This is 4 hp more than the map I down loaded but the pipe pops on decel. (less with new plugs) The mileage isn't great at 35 MPG but it does get down the road and sounds mean!!! Even did a couple of great wheelies before I bought my street bob.

P.S. to wild things 57 mm throttle body won't work on the 06.... Thanks for the reply good luck later Andre'

P.S.S. 72 deg. and nice in Santa Barbara today. Only missed 5 days to rain this season...

Old 01-12-2006, 06:38 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

PEGDRAGGER

The TFI can be had for $160, take a look in this forum for some more input including where to buy it, and also the input on other FI controllers too.
https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_247/tt.htm

Old 01-14-2006, 12:24 PM
bodyman0
Advanced

I am using the power commander. i don't think anyone has tried it so far but me, I think it great

Old 01-14-2006, 12:30 PM
chapds
Cruiser

I used an FI2000 from Cobra on my last bike & it was ok at best. I've heard the Dobeck stuff is great, but I have no experience with it. Sorry...

Later,
Chap
06 Street Bob

Ps. Yeah, got to love Cali weather. Did the Ortega Highway 74 ride yesterday & was just beautiful...

Old 01-14-2006, 08:50 PM
PEGDRAGGER
Banned

Thanks for the reply..I like the PC 3 but they say you have to disconnect the pipe bungs. I think you have to dyno them to get them right. I was out today trying to get a tornado fuel saver to fit in my SE air intake - still working on it - and got caught in the rain on the bagger. I should have the Dobeck system working towards the end of the week. Any type of air spinner may get the most power for the cheapest - but I have been warned that my bike will blow up if I don't richen things up....
Good luck !!! and ride it like you won it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Andre'
What is next for the 06 after this...cams...head flow....bigger injectors ????