Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have the new SE slip ons and like them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone have the new SE slip ons and like them?

I wonder if the 50 state ones are quieter than the 49 state ones? Mine are labeled as not legal for California and they sound great (to me.)

Old 02-02-2008, 10:16 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

Well I put a pair of these on yesterday. They went on really easy and they sound good in my garage. A little louder then I expected but I am sure they will be quieter once I get the bike outside. I can't do that until the snow melts. And today the snow is getting deeper, aw crap!

Old 02-02-2008, 10:54 AM
markrumsfield
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have em on mine butI listened to someone elses 07 Dyna with the street legal SE's and I was actually kind of impressed with the sound. Deeper tone than stock, sounded good at idle and low rpms. Not real loud but they do sound better than the stock mufflers to me anyway...

Old 02-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Elginator
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same question and I spent tons of time researching and talking to people and sifting through this forum. Like youI wanted a low rumble but not too loud. I would up having the dealer put on the 50 State street legal ones. I pick them up when the snow melts.

Did you notice that Harley does not call them Screaming Eagle anymore? I wonder why.

I took off a set of pre-EPA Screaming Eagle slip-on turn-outs that were loud enough to wake the dead. Those I hope to sell to someone who likes loud.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
deanz
Cruiser

Yes! I do like them. I only have 1200 miles on them but you can tell they are getting louder.
At 900 mi. they were setting off car alarms while puttin along at 25-mph, open it up in tunnel and
you soon find out just how loud they can be.
My neighbors still wave hello as we pass each other on the block, The less drama the better!

Old 02-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Reverend
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like you, I'm not keen on volume. Had a RoadKing a few years back with SE 'Touring' slip-on's & thought they were too quiet, so when I chaged over to an Ultra Glide & had V&H ovals on.

Got a bit worried when they brought the bike around the dealership to hand over & I could hear every inch from the front!! Thought maybe I'll get used to it & give it a bit of attitude on the way home - I overtook a lady in her car who had her drivers window ajar & saw her physically wince as I roared past..

Over 20,000 miles I used earplugs to save my hearing. Gotta ask why I ever changed over now.

Picking the new Fattie up at the end of the Month & from what I've heard, the new SE Slip-on's are exactly right, just like my old RK's.

Riding through the countryside that we've got up in The Dales, The Peaks & The Lakes, I've got no time for making folk want to ban me because of volume. If bikes ever get banned, it'll be noise that figures highly.

You have been warned..

Old 02-02-2008, 11:02 PM
SurfGuitar
Cruiser

I just installed my Rush (1.75" baffle) slip ons, and listed my 250-mile SE's in the classifieds in case anyone is interested...half what I paid+shipping. Here's the link: https://www.hdforums.com/m_2817672/tm.htm

Old 02-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Black Bob
Cruiser

I put the SEs on and liked the sound - louder and deeper than stock and a definite improvement in power/torque. They do get louder with time and mine set off car alarms cruising in town

Old 02-02-2008, 11:20 PM
dynasty
Tourer

i wouldn't give a damn if anyone else likes them. have you seen or heard them? there should be a lot of them around to check out before you lay down the cash. they will not affect performance as much as complete after markert system but they will give a better sound.
good luck