Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corbin seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
dsavage
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corbin seat

anybody have a corbin classic solo or close solo.
how about a stinger. How do you like them and any
pics. Thanks

Old 01-08-2008, 09:01 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: corbin seat

i have a corbin classic solo smooth with studs (fits 06-later dyna)for sale for 200.00 + 20 shipping, if your interested. the seat is basically brand new, less then 200 miles on it. ill post pics if you want, just let me know, it will be tomorrow when i can post them, because iam at work. but i dont have no pics of it on the bike. jackyl

Old 01-09-2008, 07:17 PM
dsavage
Advanced

thanks jackyl, but I am looking to buy the close solo. I had a stinger on a yamaha before that I really liked but am not sure I would like the way it would look on my street bob. I ordered a danny gray big seat that I received a couple days ago. Don't won't to say anything bad about these guys because they have been very helpful but the seat does not match with my 2006 fender. It won't sit flush and they are trying to figure it out. They might have the pan set up to an 05 or something but it will take awhile to get the pan redone. I'm not sure about the close solo. Why don't you like your corbin?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:35 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: dsavage

thanks jackyl, but I am looking to buy the close solo. I had a stinger on a yamaha before that I really liked but am not sure I would like the way it would look on my street bob. I ordered a danny gray big seat that I received a couple days ago. Don't won't to say anything bad about these guys because they have been very helpful but the seat does not match with my 2006 fender. It won't sit flush and they are trying to figure it out. They might have the pan set up to an 05 or something but it will take awhile to get the pan redone. I'm not sure about the close solo. Why don't you like your corbin?
i got a deal on a corbin 2up dual touring corbin seat. installed it and never taken it off. its the same seat just the 2up.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hollywood Solo...One on every bike ...Most comfortable seat i've owned... Dyna or Soft Tail

[IMG]local://upfiles/24219/CBABDCEF1EB94D5CA81173D18008CB40.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a Corbin Classic Solo on an '07Super Glide. Kind of a sucky pic 'cause it's from a cell phone. This is a lot like the one Jackyl mentioned -- studs but no stitching. The close version would look the same. It's a great saddle -- I rode it for a while without the backrest just to make sure I liked the saddle itself. When I added the backrest it made a great thing better. Pricey, but worth it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24367/D76B03D641DD46B7A2BB844CE5BE6816.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-10-2008, 07:21 PM
dsavage
Advanced

is it lower, wider etc than stock

Old 01-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dsavage
is it lower, wider etc than stock
It's narrower than stock in the front and wider in the rear. The narrow front makes it nice when you lean into the curves, and the wide back makes it comfy when you settle back for that long haul on the highway. It's not as comfortable as stock when you're sitting at a traffic light, because the wider part is going to be pushing into the back ofyour thighs. But as the Corbin site says, the saddle is really designed to be "right" when you're feet-up and rolling.

I think the site says the saddle moves you down and back an inch in each direction. I didn't really notice a change to my operating position. If it's there, it's subtle.

The firmness of the saddle gives you more road feeling when you ride. I had to set the preload on my shocks down a notch so to soften the feeling when I hit bridgeexpansion joints on the highway. Your results will vary depending on how much road feel you like.

The back rest is great for long rides. I was concerned that it would be a hinderance in the twisties (the bulk of my riding is back roads,) but it really makes twisties fun. It's like your bike has a hand on the small of your back -- it makes iteasier to feel the lean angles. So between the strong road feedback from the saddle and the better feel for lean, I have better control through the corners.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:03 AM
dsavage
Advanced

trotter, does the hollywood solo move you back much or is it about the same as stock

Old 01-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It moves you back at least 1"if not a little more, and lower than 1" also thats why I chose the Hollywood over the classic.. I measured when I was doing the Ape's to come out right with either 16" or 12.5's ... The hollywood came out perfict for comfortand look'swith the 12.5's ... To me the 16's looked too tall and wide for the Mid Glide F.E.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24219/60BDC2D761364199B6CCAD478356E35D.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: corbin seat