Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How well does stock bikes run

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 09:36 PM
bigdawg29642000
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How well does stock bikes run

I may go and get me a DYNA this weekend and if I do the stage one it may be a ways down the road. I was wondering how well your bike runs if it is all stock. I have never rode a Harley Davidson and I have no real experience with the bikes. I do hear alot of people talking about stage 1 upgrades to make the motorcycle perform better. Is any of this anything to worry about or am I just reading to much on the internet.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:42 PM
fxdxsteve
Banned
Default RE: How well does stock bikes run

welcome to the forum
more than a few people ride their bikes forever and are totally happy the way they are,I'm not one of them they run just fine stock but more power is always better so ride and ride and ride...

steve

Old 01-09-2006, 09:43 PM
seaox
Cruiser

I rode my 03 Wideglide for about a month in stock condition until the stage 1 and screaming eagle II exhaust. Seems like 2 different bikes, better torque, better acceleration BUT most of all the sound of the big twin. That's what its all about. Good Luck Man--DO IT!!!

Old 01-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

You want honesty! Crap! It's O.K., but for a few bucks extra it can be orgasmic. Spend the extra few bucks.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:55 PM
harpoon
Cruiser

Ive got a 2000 superglide sport that is all stock. The bike rides great but is WAAAYY too quiet. I definatelly need to get some SE slipons.. What are the costs of these slipons (roughly) and I believe I need to get a "jet kit" as well? My bike still has a carburator so do you know how much that runs as well. again just rough numbers. I would like get some of my mods done over the winter.

Thanks

Harpoonhttp://www.bunnfamily.org/hdfuser/Harpoon/

Old 01-09-2006, 11:28 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

The bikes run great as they are....for many people.......I, as someone else said, am not one of those.....

You can make some pretty good mods for under 1k if you shop right.

Good Luck and enjoy that ride if you get it.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:33 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SE SlipOns + Stage 1 Kit = More Gooder

I rented a couple stock harleys...performance wise, it doesn't make much difference to me because I don't ride too hard anyway...it's more about the sound. Stock Harleys are way too quiet. The softail standard I rented a couple years back had stock pipes and I could barley even hear myself shifting. I don't have to worry about that with my new DWG...I have the stage one and SE slipons, and it sounds perfect...to me anyway. If you want really obnoxiously loud...the SE slip ons may not be enough. But for just a really pure/loud enough sound, they're perfect.

Todd

Old 01-10-2006, 01:25 AM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Jim, welcome from New Zealand. Why not try it first then make your mind up - you may find slip-ons and a stage I will give you more than you need.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:32 AM
wild wally
Road Master

They run fine stock. It won't be scary fast, but it will be fast enough to get you started, and you'll be cruising in style. I would get the stage one and slipons when you can afford it, as mentioned, you'll get noticably snappier performance and a better sound.

Wally

Old 01-10-2006, 03:15 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

they run just fine stock but if you want a little noise i've got a set of S.E. 2 that would work on your bike that i would let you have for 150.00 to your door they got about 1700 miles on them and a scratch on the in side that you might be able to rub off.

Quick Reply: How well does stock bikes run