Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How well does stock bikes run

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:56 PM
harpoon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How well does stock bikes run

Sounds tempting but I have the black pipes on my bike.. Anyone out there have and Black SEII slipons for sale???
Now what am I supposed to do with the carburator? is it a "jet kit" I should have done?

Harpoon

Old 01-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Motosurf
Cruiser

My stock bike accelerates quickly with just a crack of the throttle and is well ahead of the traffic from stop lights and is very fast on the freeway, and accelerates hard from 80 mph. I have to pay attention to my throttle control so I don't get any tickets. An 06 Dyna is plenty fast.

06 FXDBI

Old 01-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Harpoon, yes, you will need a jet kit. As to what the specifics are I don't know. If you call the nearest stealer, they should tell you over the phone. Also, I am sure someone on the forum will have the info you need. From what I have read over the last couple years is that some folks find different sized jets perform better for what they are looking for. I have a carburator on my 05 low rider, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I gues I am an ignorant hard head about keeping a carbed bike vs. a EFI.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bigdawg29642000

I may go and get me a DYNA this weekend and if I do the stage one it may be a ways down the road. I was wondering how well your bike runs if it is all stock. I have never rode a Harley Davidson and I have no real experience with the bikes. I do hear alot of people talking about stage 1 upgrades to make the motorcycle perform better. Is any of this anything to worry about or am I just reading to much on the internet.
Not to worry, Jim. A stock Dyna runs just fine. You or I can go riding with whoever and we'll get there just a quick. Skill can win this game. Someone may be able to out drag you by a few feet but so what.jmo. Some day, when you get the chips you can hot rod your ride if you so desire.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Shift_4lo
Road Master

ORIGINAL: harpoon

Sounds tempting but I have the black pipes on my bike.. Anyone out there have and Black SEII slipons for sale???
Now what am I supposed to do with the carburator? is it a "jet kit" I should have done?

Harpoon
I don't think they make black SEII for a dyna and a jet kit will range from 40-140$ and it will tell you what jets to use or you can dont go cheap and just buy one or two just becuase a jet kit will come in handy if you ride and chang elevation.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Shift_4lo
Road Master

And here are some SEII you can look at and check the price http://www.suburbanharley.com/catalo...CategoryID=992

Old 01-12-2006, 08:32 PM
dl03
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

i agree that you should do what makes you happy. i went from having a mustang gt with 4.10 gears and mild motor work to buying this sweet piece.then sold the stang b/c i knew i could mod this for less and get better results.(gotta have a toy) wanting to mod the stang and the scoot was too much on the pocket.so i chose the scoot and never looked back.
i can't wait to do the big bore and cam.but thats me.i love power and torque. its whatever u are satisfied with. but i guarantee u one thing,once u ride a bike thats had work done on it.u'll want that work done to urs.good luck.and keep the shiny side up.
jay.

oh welcome to the forums.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Shift_4lo

ORIGINAL: harpoon

Harpoon
I don't think they make black SEII for a dyna and a jet kit will range from 40-140$ and it will tell you what jets to use or you can dont go cheap and just buy one or two just becuase a jet kit will come in handy if you ride and chang elevation.
The black S/E Pro II are available.....# 80331 99A

Old 01-12-2006, 08:57 PM
PEGDRAGGER
Banned

A stock dyna is plenty fast for starting out but it is way to quiet unless you have neighbors who complain about noise. It is very important to aquire riding skills and get comfortable on the bike. There are many situations that you need to react and not think. This only comes with time on the road.
I think it's really sad to see a bike all do dadded up and then sold in a couple years with low mileage at a big $ loss...
Good Luck !!! ANDRE'

Old 01-12-2006, 09:18 PM
dl03
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

i agree with ya.you should get used to it and the power its got now before u do anything else. and yes it is way to quiet.so just concentrate on that and leave the rest alone until ur ready.

i did the same thing. i bought an 04 hugger cust.did the stage 1 and some little things and kept it till i was ready to upgrade.when i felt i was a good enough rider.thats when i got the dyna. this is it for me. i'm not buying another for a long long time.so i'll mod the hell out of this one.peace.jay.

Quick Reply: How well does stock bikes run