Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuelpak popping

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Muddyape
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuelpak popping

Got one in mine and the bike runs GREAT...no popping etc. Call V&H before you make an adjustment.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:18 PM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like any other "in-line" fuel management unit, it's hit and miss to a degree. So far by my count, the bikes who seem to have the most problems running FP come from 06 and earlier, and with straight pipes. It "seems" as if the FP has seen more success in 07 and 08 models with slip-ons.

I have the FP on my 07 with slip-ons, but since install of my Stage I, I have not been able to ride because of winter weather. Won't know for certain until I get a couple good rides in the spring how it will run. I'll decide then. If the bike runs well, sounds great, and has little to no popping or back fire, I'll stay with it. If it runs rough or coughs, I'm trashing it for a SERT with a full dyno run.

my 2 c's

Old 01-04-2008, 02:27 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: flynavy

Like any other "in-line" fuel management unit, it's hit and miss to a degree. So far by my count, the bikes who seem to have the most problems running FP come from 06 and earlier, and with straight pipes. It "seems" as if the FP has seen more success in 07 and 08 models with slip-ons.

I have the FP on my 07 with slip-ons, but since install of my Stage I, I have not been able to ride because of winter weather. Won't know for certain until I get a couple good rides in the spring how it will run. I'll decide then. If the bike runs well, sounds great, and has little to no popping or back fire, I'll stay with it. If it runs rough or coughs, I'm trashing it for a SERT with a full dyno run.

my 2 c's
Look who dug his computer out of the snow and decided to chime in here.

So, you saving all that gas money you aren't using to buy a SERT and dyno time with?

I'll let you know Monday afternoon how the fuelpak works on a stage 1 '07 with full pipes (Big Radius). I'd have them on already if it weren't so GD cold this week. Supposed to be 68 on Monday though...

Ooh, check that, now they are saying 70 on Monday and 70's all of next week.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:49 PM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't know the fuelpak details - but unless it has the ability to dump in more fuel at 0% throttle - you'll probably never lose the pop.
In my experience, it's a bitch to tune the pop out of V&H pipes with a PCIII (2005 with no O2 sensors). Since fuelpak is less programmable - I would think it would be even more difficult.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Graduate
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After seeing the response that Trotter had to the whole Fuelpack issue I just decided to get the PClll. To many questions and maybes about fuelpack. I think I'll go with something more tuneable and proven. Thankyou Trotter. That was a powerful image of that fuelpack in the garbage and I respect your opinion.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:08 PM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: phog light

just fitted a fuelpack and i.m getting a lot of popping on deceleration,i remember reading a post not long ago where V and H had told them to change value 23 from 16 to 15 and one other but i cant find it, anyone remember??
Mode5 to 12 and as you mentioned, Mode 23 to 15. Worked for me with a '07 FXDC, AN Big Sucker and SE slip-ons