Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Harley parts on Special Order?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:52 PM
expy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Chicago Harley parts on Special Order?

I put in a order for front and rearAxle coversfor my SG on Dec 25th online. Went pretty much straight to "special order" status. I dont know if this means itll take a week or a month for the order to be shipped or if they just do a direct ship from Harley to me. Just thought Id ask if anyone has gone through the special order process and how long before you got your stuff. Im in no big hurry so I didnt really want to bother Chicago Harleybut Im still curious so figured Id bother those herewho would bother to read this.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:52 PM
CCPD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chicago Harley parts on Special Order?

I havehad several items from Chicago Harleyget special ordered. Some of the items were shipped in about a week, but I have had to wait 2 months for one particular part to arrive at my door step. It's all about supply and demand.

Chris

Old 01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Sarge4life
Road Captain

I don't ever order things from Harley online. I have had nothing but problems. If I need something from Harley, I go to the dealership. If they don't have it, I will check another dealership. If I absolutely have to order something, I let the dealership order it. That way I can bug the hell out of them until I get it.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:33 PM
twofish
Road Master

I've ordered and received several items from CH.
Never had any problems including much of a delay
on special orders. I have more comfort in placing
my orders over the phone. I still don't trust the net.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Jeweler
Intermediate

I ordered once from them,three items, one came in a couple of days, one took a couple of weeks, the other I never got. It was a factory paint item. Says it should take 6 weeks. After 6 weeks I e-mail them,now it could take 12 weeks. I call after 12 weeks and I am told it is not in yet and I should not call again because it will not get there any faster if I call. Two weeks later I get an e-mail that the part was discontinued and they are refunding me most of my money. In the end they kept about $15.00. Why I don't kown ? Was it my fault it took from July to November to tell me this? I know it was not their fault the part was discontinued,but to tell me not to call because it will not get there any faster and to keep my money. It was not my fault they had to give me a refund. It was like they charged me a re-stocking fee. Poor business practice. Sorry I will never buy from them again.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:53 PM
expy
Road Captain

Wow Jeweler, doesnt sound like they handled that to professionally. Im patient to a point.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:57 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i bought my bike from them... worste dealership i have ever been to! they took my SERT and never installed it, gave me an empty box, scratched my bike, gave it back to me covered in grease... then refused to fix the scratch... i have wrote HD corp several times on this dealer... they could offer a 50% discount and i would NEVER send them another penny! i was 24years old at the time and was treated like a little kid... funny thing is... i paid CASH! well almost all cash... they where my best friends till they made the sale!

Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 PM
expy
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

i bought my bike from them... worste dealership i have ever been to! they took my SERT and never installed it, gave me an empty box, scratched my bike, gave it back to me covered in grease... then refused to fix the scratch... i have wrote HD corp several times on this dealer... they could offer a 50% discount and i would NEVER send them another penny! i was 24years old at the time and was treated like a little kid... funny thing is... i paid CASH! well almost all cash... they where my best friends till they made the sale!
Karmawill bite them in the ****.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had good luck with CHD. I don't think your wait will be very long. I'm surprised that there is any wait on something so common.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:55 AM
The Old Man
Road Master

I just ordered the spoiler witht the LED lights for the tour pack. Its not late yet but their web sight states that "items will ship with in 7 to 10 days of reciept of order". Does't UPS have a route out that way!! Should have shopped around more on the forum but the dam search funtion was down.[:@]

Quick Reply: Chicago Harley parts on Special Order?