Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How cold is too cold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:27 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: How cold is too cold?

First of all do you have a choice? up to a couple or three years ago a motorcycle was my main mode of transportation there was no such thing as too cold or too wet.Now I don't know, I guess if I have to turn the heater on when I get out of bed it's too cold.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:27 PM
boogerbooger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From a funny point of view up here in Michigan I say when the snow plow's go faster than you can, TOO COLD . . . .

Old 01-01-2008, 07:40 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey tree, you're not crazy, their just wusses
I've rode short trips(<40 miles)in the low 30degrees but that's about it. And I was layered. Looking somewhat like a S/M version of the Michelin Man, with all the bulk andblack leather. Worst part around here is the salt they use on the roads. I try not to ride until after a good rain to wash it all away, no matter the temps(unless it's been a real long time since the last ride I had)

Old 01-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Sarge4life
Road Captain

I'll ridejust about any time there isn't snow/ice when I havesomeone else to ride with. Otherwise, I'll wait until 50 to ride alone.I'll be going on a Polar Bear Run on Saturday.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Bobber S
Tourer

If the roads are free of snow and ice .... dress up and Ride ON ! [8D]

We, in South Central Canada have a short riding season ( April through October)and that's about it.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Azgunner
Tourer

TELL THEM TO GROW A SET, GET ON THERE BIKES & RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOOO COLD, WELL THAT'S JUST A SHAME!!!!!!!! COME INTO WORK & HUG THE COFFE MAKER!

DRESS PROPERLY & IT'S NOT A PROBLEM. I RIDE 19 MI. INTO WORK EVERY MORNING. IT AIN'T A BIG DEAL.
YES, I KNOW ALL CAPS, I AM SHOUTING, GROW A SET OF ********* & RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST DON'T GET "BIKERS" WHO CAN'T RIDE UNDER ANY ADVERSE CONDITONS.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:54 PM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ride to and from work, 60 mile round trip, it was 28 when I rode home this morning, still run her up to about 90 most of the way, it is dry so what the hell. At night I limit myself to clear weather. it can be cold as hell but I cant see like I used too, if its raining or snowing I stop after dark.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:08 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off................. If the people telling you that are riders, then they are just envious they aren't riding

If the people telling you that don't own a motorcycle, they probably think you are stupid for riding such a dangerous contraption in the first place[:-]

Are you riding naked or in shorts??? That may be considered stupid by many anytime of year, but especially in the winter.

I rode today, in the morning it was sunny in the low to mid 40s and felt like summertime, the ride home was dark and 28 degrees when I got home. I didn't feel stupid, but did realize everyone else must have got home before sunset (2 wheels).

Dress for the ocassion, that is key.............. Stay warm and comfortable and ride to your hearts contentPersonally, I like being the only bike out on any given day.

Stay off the ice and snow covered roads if at all possible is my best advice, when it comes to cold weather riding.

Ride safe and stay warm,

DougJ

Old 01-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Dirty Dan
Advanced

Anyone ride snowmobiles? How cold is too cold? who cares what your on-but snowheads never complain

Old 01-01-2008, 10:33 PM
badherb
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do your fingers fall off? are your nuts still attatched? I'd say if either of those two things happen then you need to go back and get them off the ground then park your bike other wise.....
what does it matter anyway? are you happy? F*ck those who think your crazy. Ride and be happy...

Quick Reply: How cold is too cold?