Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 01:24 AM
Nate
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Dyna?

Has anyone turbo'ed a newer EFI dyna? What size/type did you use and what type of engine management is required? Looking for a good winter project!

Old 12-31-2007, 02:26 AM
NASTY
6th Gear
Default RE: Turbo Dyna?

That would be awsome. Ill bench race with ya a little as I cant sleep.

Off the top of my head, Id say a turbo from an import car around 1.6L. Our engines are close enough to that size. With all theFI options available I dont think it would be to hard. Would deffinatly need bigger injectors though. Would also need wide band O2 sensors for tuning. Then figure what rpm the boost comes in at and make it fat there. Id get a control that data logs. There are also digital AR guages to help with the tuning.

I thought about a twin turbo mustang about 4 years ago, but that would have been a waist of my bike funds. There was a site called turbo mustangs that I read for a week untill I talked myself out of it. Good info there. They had a DIY junkyard section that was rite up my alley. There were two guys with turbo bikes on there,both drag racers. Could probably pump there brains.

I did also see an add a few months back in a hotbike mag for a supercharger setup for the twincams. Was driven off the primary and came with a new outer primary. Advertised something like 100HP and 100TQ on a stocker. And around 130HP for a modded engine. Came as a complete setup, probably pricey though.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:23 AM
Azgunner
Tourer

Check out this site. http://turboyourharley.com/turboKits.asp you're looking at about $5k if you install yourself plus any dyno time that would be needed. You could build a killer motor for all that.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:51 AM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks sick ...

Not for me though ... I don't want that much go from my Harley ... I'd buy an old rice burner if I wanted a super fast bike