Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD smart security system

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Ed S
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD smart security system

Just purchased new security system. I would like to install it myself. Is this easy to do?

Old 12-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HD smart security system

What is it that you want to installand what year/model bike? Are you talking HD stuff, or after-market? Whatever you got should have come with instructions; have you read them yet?

Old 12-26-2007, 02:50 PM
tazman509
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would read the part on activation 1st.Mine was put on at the dealer and I am still trying to get it activated correctly. It is different than I had on my 05.

08 FXDF

Old 12-26-2007, 06:29 PM
CCPD
Cruiser

It will only take you a few hours to install, butthe alarmwill not work until you get to the dealer and have them assign the fob key to the alarm. While your at the dealer I recommend getting a second fob and also getting that set to the alarm. Also make sure to follow the instruction and to enter in your own passcode into the TSSM so you can start the bike if you ever lose your fob key.

Chris

Old 12-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Trotter
Banned

You can Install the Alarm Your self maybe 1 hour top's ... The 2007 Wide Glides are easy... If you want you can run by the dealer and have them assign it later, andit should have come with 2 fobs..

Old 12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
CCPD
Cruiser

When I bought and installed mine it only came with 1 fob, I had to buy the second. I said a couple of hours, but that time is dependant on your knowledge of the bike. If you know your way around the bike you can be done in under an hour easy. All you do is swap out the TSSM and install the siren, if you haveone, and put it back together.

You will need to marry the TSSM to the bike before it will start so make sure you search the forum.There are several topics in the tech section on how to do this as it does not come with the instructions you get with the alarm. It is easy to do, but will take about 20 minutes.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:29 AM
stagolee
Road Master

ORIGINAL: CCPD

...but the alarm will not work until you get to the dealer and have them assign the fob key to the alarm...

Chris
Hmm... I think that might be the missing link with my Smart Siren II. The sales person didn't know a lot about the system and just handed me the FOB and the pager and wished me luck.

I foolishly thought I'd be able to figure it out from the documentation (yeah right) or from my riding buddy who has the same system on his FDXWG. Unfortunately, his 'just works' and he doesn't know how or why mine won't. [&:]

Anyway... I guess it will sort itself out sometime soon.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:58 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master

My FatBob came with the factory installed alarm & fobs but not the smart siren. If I should decide to add it, is it "plug & play"?

Old 12-27-2007, 09:41 AM
CCPD
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: grandpawmoses

My FatBob came with the factory installed alarm & fobs but not the smart siren. If I should decide to add it, is it "plug & play"?
Yes, it mounts to the same area as the TSSM and just plugs into the bike. It is very easy to install.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:44 AM
CCPD
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: stagolee

ORIGINAL: CCPD

...butthe alarmwill not work until you get to the dealer and have them assign the fob key to the alarm...

Chris
Hmm... I think that might be the missing link with my Smart Siren II. The sales person didn't know a lot about the system and just handed me the FOB and the pager and wished me luck.

I foolishly thought I'd be able to figure it out from the documentation (yeah right) or from my riding buddy who has the same system on his FDXWG. Unfortunately, his 'just works' and he doesn't know how or why mine won't. [&:]

Anyway... I guess it will sort itself out sometime soon.
Yea the dealer will charge you about $20-$25 to assign the fob key and only takes them about 5 minutes. If your lucky like me you will find a dealer to do it for free.

Quick Reply: HD smart security system