Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn Fat Bobs

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007 | 07:33 PM
whylee
|
Road Warrior
Default Damn Fat Bobs

Well I test rode a Fat Bob and now im really hooked. I wanted a Fat Bob to begin with but got side tracked by a 08 Night Rod Special Vrod. Now im really regretting not buying the Fat Bob.
I have a list of likes on both bikes, Vrod = looks, I know, some say the power but I just dont see or feel it. it only wakes up after 5000rpm and then its nothing spectacular.
Fat Bob= looks, ride, sound, feel. I just love the low end torque from the Fat Bob, it comes on in the lower ranges where I spend 99% of my riding.
So now im trying to decide if its worth the loss ill take.

Old 12-24-2007 | 08:19 PM
smokeygold
Road Master
Default RE: Damn Fat Bobs

Buy the Fatty and keep the others as well. You can't go wrong!

Old 12-24-2007 | 08:44 PM
UH60Hwkdrvr
Road Captain

Dude,

That RC51 should keep you entertained with speed, power and handling: That should be your Hooligan bike! Ditch the Night Rod and buy the Fat Bob.

I have an R1 that I will keep hanging around for when the Hooligan (wheelies, smokey burnouts, triple digit speeds) urge hits! At all other times I plan on chillin' on my Low Rider!

m.a.c.

Old 12-24-2007 | 09:12 PM
whylee
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: UH60Hwkdrvr

Dude,

That RC51 should keep you entertained with speed, power and handling: That should be your Hooligan bike! Ditch the Night Rod and buy the Fat Bob.

I have an R1 that I will keep hanging around for when the Hooligan (wheelies, smokey burnouts, triple digit speeds) urge hits! At all other times I plan on chillin' on my Low Rider!

m.a.c.
Thats just what I was thinking, I hate taking a loss, but I also feel its a loss if im not riding what I really want. Ever since I sold my Street Bob I have missed the feel and sound of a real Harley. Dont get me wrong, the Vrod is a great bike. But its not a air head Harley and it took me selling mine to learn how much I really love and now miss theDyna.

Old 12-24-2007 | 09:27 PM
SilentWarrior
Tourer

ORIGINAL: whylee

Well I test rode a Fat Bob and now im really hooked. I wanted a Fat Bob to begin with but got side tracked by a 08 Night Rod Special Vrod. Now im really regretting not buying the Fat Bob.
I have a list of likes on both bikes, Vrod = looks, I know, some say the power but I just dont see or feel it. it only wakes up after 5000rpm and then its nothing spectacular.
Fat Bob= looks, ride, sound, feel. I just love the low end torque from the Fat Bob, it comes on in the lower ranges where I spend 99% of my riding.
So now im trying to decide if its worth the loss ill take.
Well I was riding mine tonight and returning home was riding intoabeautiful sunset here in South Florida with a big smile...Fat Bob= looks, ride, sound, feel- Yup , thats about right !

Old 12-24-2007 | 10:35 PM
storm8732
Road Captain

I traded an 07 Sportster to get my Fat Bob....took a huge hit......but I have not regreted it for a second.

Old 12-25-2007 | 08:38 AM
wrenchbendr
Cruiser

yep took a hit trading my vtx for the fatbob, still no regrets! love the fatty.

Old 12-25-2007 | 04:40 PM
motorcycle
Advanced

storm 8732 nice bob have one coming in spring, did you remove reflectors and tank strip? thanksb

Old 12-25-2007 | 08:07 PM
wrenchbendr
Cruiser

whylee, get that fatbob yet?

Old 12-25-2007 | 08:19 PM
whylee
|
Road Warrior

Not yet, my dealer wont be open until thursday. I need to talk to my salesman to see what they will do on my Night Rod Special.

Quick Reply: Damn Fat Bobs