Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tachometer for Dyna FXD35 Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 10:08 PM
FXD35
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tachometer for Dyna FXD35 Anniversary

Does anyone have an idea if the tachometer and mounting plate from the 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® will fit on a Dyna, particulary the FXD35 Anniversary? Sure hope that the answer is yes

If not, have any of you found a tachometer and billet mount that works?

Thanks,

Ron

Old 01-09-2006, 01:21 PM
johnpiech
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tachometer for Dyna FXD35 Anniversary

MY FXDI i35 s still at the dealer, so I have not had a lot of time to really look closely at where to put the three things I'd like to see:

1)Tach
2)Clock
3)Thermometer

Marlin's has cool clocks and temp gauges that go on the fork tube tops, or on the triple clamp big center bolt. (Google marlins harley Davidson clocks - you will find the site).

The tachs I saw in the Harley and 3rd party catalogs all require some type of bar mount. Until I can figure where the wires would go, I've been reluctant to go with any self contained bolt on Tach.

Harley has a very cool Speedometer replacement that includes a tach in the accessories catalog - The speedo dial is top half, tach is bottom half - but it costs nearly $500!

I don't know what I'll do on any of these yet, need the bike in the garage to better visualize.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:33 AM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tachometer for Dyna FXD35 Anniversary

Installing a bar mount tach is pretty easy. Especially if you use the HD mini tach. The instructions are good, the parts are high quality (at least they were), and it really is a bolt on. The center handlebar is a good place to mount it, because it's easy to keep a watch on it when you need to. The wiring runs from the back of the gauge, down between the risers, and gets bundled with the rest of your handlebar wiring. It's pretty un-obtrusive if you're neat in your work.

There are a number of aftermarket suppliers of tachs and tach mounts to fit pretty much whatever look you're after. Small, large, digital, differant faces, clamp on, bolt on, etc. Pick your poison.

Although I do like HD tach/speedo combo a lot, $500 is a lot of money. In 45K miles, I went through 2 speedometers at about $300 each. If they were $500 each, I might have thought twice about buying another one.