Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tank Lifts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:51 PM
TheeBoy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tank Lifts?

I have had a Jackle lift for about 9 months or so now, and I still need to install. I think it looks awesome, really lets the tank follow the lines of the backbone. ( I know others have said what I just did already but...) I keep forgetting to install on a low to empty tank.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:13 AM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Something I did notice after adding my 2" Jackyl tank lift that no one else has mentioned.... When I have on my QD shield, I get less wind disturbance behind my shield (my head doenst get bounced around as much). I read a magazine article somewhere about a tank lift (some other more expensive brand) and they said the same thing. That was the main reason I added it cause I go from Houston to Dallas and Houston to Louisiana quite a bit. And it just looks cooler in my opinion.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:02 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dklozik

Something I did notice after adding my 2" Jackyl tank lift that no one else has mentioned.... When I have on my QD shield, I get less wind disturbance behind my shield (my head doenst get bounced around as much). I read a magazine article somewhere about a tank lift (some other more expensive brand) and they said the same thing. That was the main reason I added it cause I go from Houston to Dallas and Houston to Louisiana quite a bit. And it just looks cooler in my opinion.
Good point

DougJ

Old 12-24-2007, 08:39 AM
DWGMan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to thank all of you for your opinions and photos. I'm still in the desert and not due back until March so I have plenty of time to ponder whether or not to do this small mod. I bought a Harley for the engine, nostalgia, and noise. Whether or not my low fuel light works exactly as it's supposed to is not really a big concern to me (got new LED Maltese Cross Caps that a friend machined for me and stole the LED out of a wrecked one). I'll keep this running just to see if any Wide Glides out there can show me they're look. Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a great New Year!!

Old 12-24-2007, 11:26 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,085 Likes on 2,115 Posts

ORIGINAL: DWGMan

I want to thank all of you for your opinions and photos.

I'm still in the desert and not due back until March

I bought a Harley for the engine, nostalgia, and noise.

Whether or not my low fuel light works exactly as it's supposed to
is not really a big concern to me

Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a great New Year!!

dMan,

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Appreciate your sacrifice.

And please pass that along to all your brothers and sisters over there.

battersby