Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Closet Bike Mod Addicts Anonymous

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 12:10 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,091 Likes on 2,117 Posts
Default RE: Closet Bike Mod Addicts Anonymous

ORIGINAL: mojo

Mud, that explains the calls i got last time you were out of town.
Glad you moved her in to her own house
and i'm sure she appreciates the nice warm house you built.

I got some old phones layin around if you want to throw one in there

so she gets that "right at home" feelin.

Yeah. Right mo.

You're gonna program in a speed dial
so she can get to ya quick.

I ain't as dumb as I look.

mud

Old 12-22-2007, 12:43 AM
mojo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol

Old 12-22-2007, 11:45 AM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We both make our own money. We both spend it on what we want. She's got boxes coming to the house all the time. Who knows what's in them. I used to have a lot of stuff coming to the house but I've about finished everything on the bike so I've slowed way down.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:53 AM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i have the opposite problem, wifey is always tellin me "just buy every thing, charge it, we can worry about how to pay for it later."
if i listened to her we'd live in a van down by the river... but we'd both have awesome bikes.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Dirt91
6th Gear

This is a good thread!
My 07 Dyna cost me 2 complete bedroom suits right up front so I figured it best to leave out the forward controls and the VH stuff for fear of retail-e-ation. Almost like a tit-for-tat (no pun intended) but I won't go there since the income ratio is 90-10.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:23 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Around here, there is a constant influx of boxes coming in. Some are for her, some are for the kids and some are for me. It's just that I'm usual the first one home to see them all. I don't have to worry about the wife keeping tabs on my 'bike stuff', my son knows what was on it last week and knows what's new this week. So I'm constantly bribing him. I can't wait till his little sister gets wise. Then I'll be paying double. 10% is good enough for the church, why not for bribes?...

Old 12-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Travlinman314
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wife does notice things that are hard to hide, saddlebags,windshield, rims, Lindbar(well, she hasn't noticed the rims or the Lindbar yet, but she will). She just shakes her head, and sometimes asks how much?

It's the the little things that add up to a whole bunch. Mustang seat, PCIII, Rinehart exhaust, project tins (next winters project, lol), handlebars, pegs, clamps, chrome, grips, mirrors, tools, luggage rack, more tools, more parts, this is the stuff I'd just rather not hear any **** about. I look at it this way, if she don't notice, she don't care.

She might not be so stupid, but I don't ask her how much she spends on her hair, shoes, clothes, and allthat other stuff that somehow always looks to add up as she says she needsmore closet space.Hey, maybe she thinks, if I don't notice, I don't care.

The peace has been going on for about 10 years now the way we do things, ain't gonna try and change things now. I think were happy just the way things are.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:48 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I tell her, but it doesn't mean she likes it. I also tell her that I've been living in hell for the past 20 months and have had to sacrifice quite a bit so I want my bike to be the way I want it to be when I'm done working over here.

She wouldn't notice some of the small stuff that I've done, but she is more observant than I sometimes give her credit for. I've bought some new guns in the past and have put them in the safe before she saw them. I've then taken them out when she is around and she'll ask, "when did you get that one?" ooops....

Old 12-23-2007, 06:15 AM
DWGMan
Cruiser

Leave it to Chipstah to bring the dog into it, LOL! Ain't it sad though, I wish I could be HALF as happy as my dog is!!

Old 12-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DWGMan

Leave it to Chipstah to bring the dog into it, LOL! Ain't it sad though, I wish I could be HALF as happy as my dog is!!
Well, I guess I spoke too soon, Molly just laid a trip on me - wants a side car for Christmas!!!!
Knew I shouldn't have shown her the harley catalog. [sm=boink3.gif]

Getting jealous of my time away from her on the bike, I guess!

Anyone ever put a side car on a street bob? Or do I gotta go get a bagger now? [sm=headbang.gif]

Jeez, hope not!!

Quick Reply: Closet Bike Mod Addicts Anonymous