Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Experience - B&M Custom Cycles on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:44 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bad Experience - B&M Custom Cycles on ebay

I accidentally posted this on the General Forum. Pasting it here for you guys...

Monday, I purchased a pair of Kuryakyn footpegs on ebay from B&M Custom Cycles. They had a lot of positive feedback. I'm sure they are an okay company to buy from but what happened just irk's the crap out of me and I need to vent.

Not long after I made the purchase and paid via paypal I received an email containing the following statement: "I have shipped the following item to you. You should be receiving it shortly.". It goes on to talk about the item I purchased and to inspect it upon arrival and what to do if it is damaged etc. The item was shipped via USPS priority mail which can only be tracked when it leaves and when it arrives, not in between like fedex or ups. Yesterday was the 3rd day and I did not receive it so I sent an email asking about it. The email I got back is as follows "We did receive your order on Monday afternoon, and I was out on Wednesday (standard shipping day/ Mon-Wed & Fri). These are packed and ready for pick up today." .

Nowhere was there an apology for getting my item out late or saying it was shipped when it wasn't. And nowhere did I see a statement saying they only ship on Mon/Wed/Fri (not that it matters because my order went through on Monday with plenty of time left to ship it and it didn't go out Wed. either).

It's a good thing, I guess, that these weren't a Christmas present or something. I've sold things on ebay before and I understand that personal things may delay things being shipped out or whatever but I always try to communicate that - either in the auction if I know it will end when I am away or with an email after the auction ends.

I'm editing the subject as "beware" may be too strong a word. I think these people are legit but I don't appreciate being lied to. At first they said they didn't shipon Monday and were away on Wednesday yet they sent me an email Monday saying it had been shipped. Then they emailed and said they hadn't shipped because the shipment from Kuryakyn was late getting to them.

If you see something online from them that you want, keep this experience in mind if you want it quick.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:45 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bad Experience - B&M Custom Cycles on ebay

I haven't dealt with these folks, but have had similar experiences with some other companies. It is frustrating when the company tells you an item "has shipped", when in fact they have only taken your money and began processing your order.

I would hope these folks would realize a return customer is probably not the result of this practice

DougJ

Old 12-21-2007, 10:58 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I think it's a real mistake for most online businesses -- especially those using eBay -- to disclose any sort of shipping policy that can be construed as definitive for this very reason.

Your order will ship with in 5 business days. That's my policy. Of course I ship it right away, but that gives me the leeway to deal with life when it gets in the way, and not have some guy act like I'm screwin' him over. Keeps the shipping ****'s off my back.

But hey... they didn't meet their stated obligation... so I suppose it's their own damn fault someone's complainin' about 'em. If you promise something to a customer... ya gotta follow through, it's that simple.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:34 AM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those sums a beeches!!!!!!!!!!!!!![8D]