Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Fuelpak or PCIII with Big Radius??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default V&H Fuelpak or PCIII with Big Radius??

Hey all,

I just pulled the trigger on the V&H big radius pipes. Now, next question is, which would you all recommend, the V&H fuelpak or the PCIII?? I think I will be running the big sucker stage 1 a/c with these pipes as well. So, what are the major differences between these two products?

Thanks all!

Cheers,
Adrian

Old 12-19-2007, 02:46 PM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V&H Fuelpak or PCIII with Big Radius??

I think either one would work - depends on what you want to achieve now and in the future. If you just want to get your AFR in a good range the Fuel Pak will do fine - if you want to wring every ounce of performance out of your bike via Dyno tuning or have plans for future engine enhancements the PCIII would probably be a better alternative as if offers much more adjustability across RPM's and throttle positions. I put VH pipes on my Dyna, an SS air filter and got a PCIII with a decent map on it for my combo from Fuelmoto. I've been very happy with the results.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:02 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with EVO80. One thing to consider, I think you can get a PCIII from fuel moto off ebay with a matching map for not much more then a fuel pack would cost.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tons and tons of info on this subject in past threads - lots of pros and cons to each and I wouldn't rule out the HD SERT either (especially with 20% off at many dealerships like Zanotti's). My experience, you get what you pay for, and the more you can think 'down the road' as far as potential other mods (different pipes, engine, etc), the more likely you'll save money in the end, even if you spend a little more up front. Just be aware some of the fuel management opinions tend to get more like the ford vs. chevy arguments.

If it was me, I'd go find your local tuner with the best reputation and experience, and ask what he'd recommend. At least that's what I already did, and am extremely happy with my SERT (to go with SE stage 1 intake, K&N filter and V&H short shots) and eventual dyno tune after engine was broken in.