Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Modulator works great!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 02:59 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Headlight Modulator works great!

I finished installing my headlight modulator, and I can say it definitely gets the cagers attention! I already notice cars not pulling out and turning left in front of me.
I have to say I feel safer with it, it works only in the daytime, but that seems to be the worst time anyway.
I wanted to put in a good word for it because safety is a huge concern for all of us, I want everyone of us to be safer out there.

Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:10 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Headlight Modulator works great!

I've seen those in action. Definitely gets one's attention. Is it just something you plug in-line or is there more to it than that? If it works only during the day, I assume there's a light sensor that has to be mounted somewhere?

Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

explain a little, iam confused on what it is and what it does. do you have a pic or a link for us. thanks jackyl

Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 380 Likes on 147 Posts

I've heard from my dealer that this brand is one of the better ones. Look into one for the tail light as well.

www.kisantech.com

Old 12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jackyl

explain a little, iam confused on what it is and what it does. do you have a pic or a link for us. thanks jackyl
Yes, it is pretty easy to install, http://www.kriss.com/harleymod.php
I had to remove the original plug in in the headlight and just crimp on female connectors and connect the modulator. I also had to remove the plastic housing the chip is enclosed in ( OK, use duct tape to seal it, does not produce heat) That way everythin fit inside the headlight bucket(mine is stock) and yes, the sensor wire just runs out thru the back of the bucket thru the existing grommet. I had to fiddle with it some, be careful removing the plastic box.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:04 PM
blueglide88
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been riding with headlight modulators on my bikes for about 20 yrs. I can tell you that it saved my *** 2 times without a doubt. The last time, the guy who almost pulled out in front of me even told me so when he pulled up next to me at a stoplight down the road.

Lot's of guys don't like them, some don't think they work. All I can say is ride safe, but it sure helps to get noticed. ****, police cars and firetrucks have flashing lights to get your attention, don't they? If it works for them, I figure it works for me.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:11 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

so it makes your headlight become a blinking headlight all the time?

Old 12-18-2007, 05:18 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jackyl

so it makes your headlight become a blinking headlight all the time?
Jackyl, this one only blinks during the day. Safer in the daylight but more dangerous at night to be blinking. First time I saw one of these off in the distance coming at me, I thought, damn that guy must have some serious vibrations or a short. Then I realized it was too regular and was "strobing" on purpose.

I wonder - can you control the blink rate or even turn it off when you don't want it during the day? Anyone know?

Old 12-18-2007, 05:32 PM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'd get pulled for using them ... never seen them on a bike over here ... any brits on here know different ?

Old 12-18-2007, 05:34 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 380 Likes on 147 Posts

Doesn't it only modulate when on hi beam? The ones I've looked at work that way. If you turn it to low beam it should stop. Other then that is there a way of covering up the light sensor to make it stop.

Quick Reply: Headlight Modulator works great!