Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Modulator works great!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:37 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Headlight Modulator works great!

ORIGINAL: Blaster

Doesn't it only modulate when on hi beam? The ones I've looked at work that way. If you turn it to low beam it should stop. Other then that is there a way of covering up the light sensor to make it stop.
True, it only modulates when switched to hi beam. It is legal (in OR and WA) during daylight, not legal at night,switches off at night (light sensor) if you leave your lights on low, it will always stay off, or you could cover your sensor.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been thinking about doing this...what is the effect (if any) on headlight life? Seems like it would greatly reduce it.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:55 PM
socalmoe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of this things on my two bikes, they work great! I specially like it while lane spliting. I use it during heavy traffic times, and in crowded areas (while cruising PCH). Not too expensive, easy to install, it works!

Old 12-18-2007, 07:03 PM
labfreak
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Mississippi Bagger

I have been thinking about doing this...what is the effect (if any) on headlight life? Seems like it would greatly reduce it.

Good question, I've wondered about that myself. Installed a new Sylvania when I was at it. We'll see, but the life of a bulb is worth it, IMO.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
x2lee
Banned

They are legal everywhere in the US, its a federalstatute. [quote]ORIGINAL: labfreak

ORIGINAL: Blaster
It is legal (in OR and WA) during daylight, not legal at night,switches off at night (light sensor) if you leave your lights on low, it will always stay off, or you could cover your sensor.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
cigarman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Visi-path modulator on my 1200 custom for about 6 months and had many comments about how it was more visible with it. When I sold the bike I took it off and then found it would not fit into the headlight bucket of the Street Bob.

I bought a Kriss modulator and removed the housing of the modulator and taped it up as has been posted. It fit fine.

The modulator can be made to work on either the low or high beam, but the high is the default. It has a light sensor and so works only in the daytime. According to all of the info I could gather, it does not shorten bulb life since the halogen lights are not a filiment bulb of the type we generally use in other applications.

It flashes fast, about 4X per second and only when you put the high beams on. There is a delay in the switching, so if you go into a shady area or a tunnel it continues to function; just not at night (that would be illegal).

I have been told that it is most noticeable in the rear and side mirrors--one of my main concerns about cagers changing lanes and hitting me.

I still have the Visi-path modulator and if anyone has a bike with a normal sized bucket, shoot me an e-mail and I'll be happy to sell it to you for 30 bucks (they cost 45-70 plus shipping depending upon the make and dealer).

Anything that will give me an edge...

Old 12-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain

Thanks for the info.

I reckon I'll be getting one!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Bassman
Road Master

They are nice to have. I do not use mine all of the time but when I feel I need it, it is there. I mainly use it in heavy traffic or on backroads where there is a lot of traffic.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:42 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

let me know how great it is after the cager pulls out in front of you and says you were flashing your lights that it was OK.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:43 AM
mikeurig
Road Master

Read here http://www.kriss.com/harleymod_info.php

Quick Reply: Headlight Modulator works great!