Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Hole exhaust system for Super Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Papajohn
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Hole exhaust system for Super Glide?

I'm still looking for the right exhaust for my '07 Super Glide. Does anybody have an experience with the RB Racing LSR Black Hole 2-into-1?
Thanks

Old 12-17-2007, 11:36 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Black Hole exhaust system for Super Glide?

No, never heard of them, but I want to find out more. Hopefully somebody here can add some input. I really like the "B" style, turn-outones in black.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Jay Risk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RB Racing has a lot of information on its website about the Black Hole 2 into 1 for Dynas. They have a pic of the prototype they set up on an '06 Street Bob on it. Looks good. I've heard many veyr good reports of their performance and quality of workmanship- the only downside I've heard is that some have had trouble with the chrome heat shield installation.... some have had to move their foot brake pedal up a little. No big deal, just an adjustment.
i'm hoping to install them when I get the $ together. They're pricey. Jay

Old 12-17-2007, 01:30 PM
drdave
Cruiser

i have a set of the lsr 2-1's on my fxdwg and i have a set of the black hole version of the lsr 2-1's on my fltr. they are not the same exhaust. the black hole is the quieter version. it will have a much larger collector. the set i have on my fltr are black ceramic and are on a bike witha 113" motor. i love them - they are very high quality in my opinion, and also as quiet a pipe as you can get that still offers performance (unless you want to use the supertrapps with all kinds of discs, etc.). i had them installed at a local very large harley dealership and the mechanic commented that he had personally never heard an exhaust that quiet on that size motor. the bike dyno's well and although another exhaust maymake a few more hp or tq if you were looking for sheer numbers, i am very satisfied. i have had several sets of exhausts on that bike, but really like the quieter side of the black holes especially for touring and long miles. the black ceramic coating makes them unique around here and also gets quite a few second looks from fellow riders.

the standard lsr 2-1's are much louder and probably more trueperformance exhausts than the black hole version. they will be lighter in weight because the collector is not nearly as large. the quality is very high on every set i have bought. i have a set of the lsr 2-1's that i bought for the fltr, but had a chance to buy the black holes from a friend and so i used them instead. if i ever decide to go with a louder pipe, i will use the standard lsr's. i love the sound of the lsr exhausts.

they are a unique exhaust with a unique sound. very good quality. very slow delivery often taking 6-8 weeks from time of order depending upon the time of year so be prepared if you want to buy a set. they have always been very courteous with me, but if you call just to chit-chat for information, you may find they are very busy and do not seem very interested in wasting time. there are clients out there that swear by their product and you will find many others that swear at them. the exhausts have the baffles welded in place and there is very little tuning if any possible with the exhaust. for that reason, some mechanics / tuners do not like them. if you are looking for max numbers, most around here will use the d&d fatcats or boarzillas, or the supertrapps.

i would personally buy another set for the next bike i own. i would recommend the black hole version only if you are looking for a quieter exhaust. it will be more expensive than other exhausts so do not be surprised.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

There is a gent on here with them. He's got a springer street bob with the LSRs in black. He was a bike of the month winner and from Florida (I remember the damn Florida Gator head in his sig pic[:@]). Darn, I can picture his bike but his name has escaped me. Check the Dyna pics thread and you'll find him. They do look bad assed. I really like those pipes in black.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

I found him. his name is kpreese. Check out this thread or do a search for LSR pipes under the Dyna section.
https://www.hdforums.com/m_1538027/tm.htm

Here's his pic

Old 12-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Papajohn

I'm still looking for the right exhaust for my '07 Super Glide. Does anybody have an experience with the RB Racing LSR Black Hole 2-into-1?
Thanks
Pj,

Dalton had a 2-1 that he was running, I've just purchased from him. I have yet to install it. I've heard great reports about them, and they are not cheap.

I'm totally impressed about this pipe muffler construction and design it looks like its made for marine use (built like a torpedo) I hope to get installed the last day of the year Monday. Depends on weather.

I'm sure you know who Dalton is, he is finished doing that 120 cu in build on his bike (noted in the Touring section). And the signature sigpicture used to show the pipe still on the bike.

Gary