Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats with the low resale?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:48 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whats with the low resale?

I bought my '07 bob w/300 mi for 14k. The cheapest I could've gotten a new one around here was for 15k. I paid too much but it had about 2,000 worth of mods that I liked and would've ended up paying for anyway.

Just started a new business and I'm cashpoor so I put it in HD Trader about a month ago for 14k just to see what would happen. Nothing until this week and got an email asking if I'd take 10k.

I've lowered it front and rear w/progressive, relocated the turn signals for the memphis shades windshield and bossbags, put on a new K&N AC and PCIII and have detachable sissy bar a luggage rack and a lindby that I'm not even using. I've done just about everything I've wanted to doto it (not much into more chrome but we'll see!) except maybe an HID but not on the front burner so I've pretty much customized it. Oh, and the cooler tank badge, too.

I ain't sellin'! It took too long and I've got too much money in it. If I need more money I'll get a loan. Besides, like jfwarren said, when I'm feelin' low a ride makes it better. Hell, just going out and lookin' at it in the garage makes me feel better.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:51 AM
floridian46
Tourer

one of my bikes needs to go.... after christmas ill put them on ebay, im going to ask nine for my bob and twelve for my 07 roadking and see what happens...if im still the owner after that, it was ment to be....

Old 12-16-2007, 05:03 AM
shawn e.
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Roadrocket

Supply & Demand. Supply is up - demand is down. Result is dropping prices for both new & used.

RR
Look at the #s on ebay 5615 bikes for sale 1527 harleys.(256) [*]
American Ironhorse[/align](39)[*]
Aprilia[/align](23)[*]
Big Dog[/align](38)[*]
BMW[/align](175)[*]
Boss Hoss[/align](5)[*]
Bourget[/align](12)[*]
BSA[/align](17)[*]
Buell[/align](26)[*]
Bultaco[/align](2)[*]
Desperado[/align](0)[*]
Ducati[/align](66)[*]
Harley-Davidson[/align](1527)[*]
Honda[/align](1147)[*]
Husqvarna[/align](14)[*]
Indian[/align](22)[*]
Kawasaki[/align](464)[*]
KTM[/align](106)[*]

Old 12-16-2007, 09:22 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone that bought a big dog or an iron horse or an OCC and thought it would be even close to what it was worth was crazy. Those bikes as nice as they look were a fad the 2nd coming of the choppers the big rich man promotion and tv series stuff. Once it started dieing out they were worthless. Heck even before that. It is diffinitly a buyers market for the customs. I know one guy has a big dog he paid 32,000 for it big dog won't even give him 12,000 for trade in and hes had problems with the bike since day one.

Spring is the fever time it when you sell boats and bikes.

I did sell my boat on craigslist in no **** about 5min, i put it on set down grabbed a beer and a guy called **** i thought it was a joke. Two days later we met up he paid cash i left smilling.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Clutch66
Tourer

I sold my ride to pay for bills and children and it took me 14 years to get it back. I should have just worked harder, longer or got a second job.
As was said above, they are easy to sell and almost impossible to get back.
I'd never do it again.
After 14 years of saying "someday", One day I was reading a copy of American Iron, and on the second or third page there was a full page ad for Harley.
It showed a man sitting at a table drinking a cup of coffee and looking out the window at a Harley parked across the street.
At the top it said "Someday".
About an inch down it said "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday".
About another inch down it said "See, there is no Someday"
At the bottom of the page was the Harley bar and shield.
I was 62 years old then........and been without a scoot for 14 years.........the next day I went to the dealer and bought a new '031200 Sporty. 17 months later I traded it in on my '05 FXDCI
Be careful what you sell my friend, you may never get it back.
C66
C66

Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

I watched every episode of American Chopper. Never liked choppers just liked the build. Then I just liked Nubbie's paint job. Then got tired of the whole thing. Now I never watch. What was my point?

Old 12-16-2007, 10:48 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Wife and I did the paycheck to paycheck thing for years. We learned about Dave Ramsey through one of her co-workers and found that when we started budgeting we weren't as broke as we thought. The guy has a common sense aproach to money that has helped us get our finances in check. We don't follow the program 100% but we no longer have to consider selling our toys and after a year on it we are almost down to a house payment only. Check out his books at the library, might help.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:00 AM
schwartzkm
Intermediate

I sold my bike to pay for the last year of my wife's college. She swore when she graduated she would get a job and I could purchase a new bike. Well, she didn't get a job and it took TWO years after she graduated (3 years!!!!) to replace my bike with another, much cheaper model (triumph SM). Now she doesnt' work, I have a student f-in loan to pay off, and she financed an f-in cruise to celebrate her graduation swearing she would pay it off asap when she got a job teaching (math major with a minor in education). "I don't like teaching" she whines while I work 50 hours a week on f-in computers all day. Yes, I am extremely PISSED! At least I am riding but am saving up to purchase another big twin motorcycle...

I would only sale one if I were you. You are single so working another odd job should not be a big deal in order to catch up on bills. Debt free is definelty the way to live so I admire your plan.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:24 PM
RJM2096
Cruiser

It reallyseems unfairthat some of us have had to sell our cycles to pay bills.

I sold my Triumph Tiger chopper in 73 to buy my wife a diamond. I still had a Norton Commando. I sold that when we had small children, but not for the money.

Now that my children are grown up, I am back to motorcycling. It is a way of life or a lifestyle. I hope that those thathave had to get rid of their cycles can get them back later.

Motorcycling now is even better.

[IMG]local://upfiles/49295/475DCA2D357B4F14BF123098CCC90CFE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/49295/3F31AE81B2224A81A868D0FA5020971C.jpg[/IMG]