Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007 | 11:30 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Default RE: Dyna Price?

IMO, very good price on the 08 FXDC.

DougJ

Old 12-15-2007 | 11:53 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

You can get an idea of a range of what insurance will cost you but different coverages will cost you different things with different companies in different states. The only thing I'd urge you about insurance is to buy "motorcycle insurance" and not just some sort of add-on from your car insurance that is not specific to motorcycles. I do the same thing with RV. I found that RV specific insurance was not only cheaper than adding on to my auto policy but it covered things specifically for an RV that an auto policy add on would not have. Also, be sure there is enough coverage on your policy to cover modifications to the bike. A standard policy will cover the bike itself as stock but won't cover those expensive things you'll end up putting on it over time. So if you total your bike and your insurance buys you another one, it won't come with those expensive footpegs, air cleaner, windshield, saddle bags, and on and on that you had on your previous bike unless you get that added as part of your policy and you'll have to buy them all over again. Mine includes up to 3000 dollars in accessories which, for me, right now, is about right.

As for your deal, it sounds about right. I found out when they released the 08's that the FXDC price had been dropped about a grand from the previous year's model. I understand why they did it but it didn't keep it from pissing me off. That's like taking 1000 bucks out of my pocket when it comes time to sell or trade. Anyway, I digress. I paid basically MSRP plus freight, tax, title, and tags for my stock FXDC with no options and it came out to $15K OTD plusa couple hundred that I offset with cash. You're looking at $14.1K OTD including security option and wheel option (whatever that is - is it aluminum/mag wheels or something?). So, take the 1000 bucks off of my deal for buying an 08 vs. an 07 and add in several hundred for your options, you are getting a better deal than I got.

FYI - you can call Progressive or Geico or one of those companies and get an exact quote before you actually buy the bike if you want. You'll probably need the VIN from the bike to get an exact quote though. Without the VIN, they can give you a pretty close estimate. Just be sure to specify what you want your deductible to be and how much in accessories you think you'll want covered. If the wheels and security weren't factory installed, you'll want to include that in your covered accessories I think.

Old 12-15-2007 | 12:23 PM
07BLKBOB
Advanced

Getting an 08 at that price is a pretty good deal, I would jump on it. I paid just under $15000 for an 07 Street Bob a couple months ago. That included $2000 worth of HD accesories installed at the dealer, and they also gave me a $400 gift card to use in their store. The dealer was closing out all of their 07's. I pay $640 a year for full coverage through dairyland insurance, the premium is high but the coverage is really good.

Old 12-16-2007 | 06:25 PM
mcro
Advanced

That's a good price. I paid 14450 with a 200 gift card and 450 dollar smooth rim optionout the door for my 06 FXDCOct. 06. Here in RI I have a 6 mos. insurance policy with Allstate. I pay 400 for 6 mos. with extra coverage. Winter storage insurance is 45 bucks.

Old 12-16-2007 | 07:52 PM
Clutch66
Tourer

Mine was MSRP right on the money, so it seems like you have agreat deal going. I also live in Houston, so there ain't no discounts here. We're lucky to get the one we want for MSRP.

I have Progressive and it started out high and has dropped every year for the past four years (2 different scoots).

C66