Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is the customer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:08 AM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who is the customer?

So...anyone ever conduct business with a vendor and have them treat you like they are doing you a favor by selling something to you?

I have experiencing this of late with HD dealers, Ebay sellers, and other reputable on-line vendors of motorcycle parts.

This is very frustrating because in this posture, they attempt to take away your power as a consumer is some respect.

A lot of businessesseemed to have forgotten that "the customer is always right" and "pleasing the customer is the number one priority." When exactly did this happen? Did I miss a memo?

Just an early morning vent. I will find out today just which path a particular vendor chooses to take after e:mailing them today with an ultimatum: finish and ship it, or refund my $$$.

It would seem to me that one person's dissatisfaction may not be enough to change this posturing, so how about we all resolve to take our consumer power back by posting about bad vendor experiences, and holding every vendor accountable to pleasing the customer first.

Bring back customer service!!! It's been missing out there for quite some time.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:29 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Who is the customer?

The laws of economics will eventually right this attitude. For a long time HD dealers and aftermarket suppliers were doing you a favor by selling you something because people were standing in line begging for it and even paying extra to ensure that they got it. The tide is turning. Bikes are piling up on showroom floors and I'm sure, therefore, aftermarket goodies are as well. Attitude and pricing must change to offset this slowdown. They will suffer long enough that they will eventually appreciate you coming to them to make a purchase rather than you waiting for them to be able to supply you.

Take recent posts for example. A guy yesterday saying a dealer agreed to sell him a 08 Fat Bob and let him use the $2000 store credit they were giving with purchase of a new bike against the price of the bike itself. Now this is a bike that is supposed to be hard to get in some areas right now. And 2 grand off the top? And several people reporting this $2000 store credit with a new bike purchase. Sign of the times. The tables are definitely turning towards the consumer.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:07 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Who is the customer?

I know what you're saying FN. I recently ordered some parts online for one of my rifles. I ordered from several different companies and had no problem with any of them...except one. I received a confirmation number from them stating they received my order, but didn't hear anything else after a week or so. I wrote back to them telling them to cancel my order since my order wasn't important enough to put together and ship. Don't you know that within 24 hours they processed the order, but by saying processed, I mean they charged my card, but did not send out the parts. I sent them an email two days ago looking for answers and told them that if they do not provide confirmation that my order had been shipped that I was contacting my bank and reporting fraud. I heard back from them immediately that they were going to look into it, but I haven't heard from them yet. I think it's time for another email or two....as a matter of fact, here is part of the email I'm sending out:

I’m writing again to see if you tracked my order. Here are the parts that I PAID for, but have yet to receive. You responded two days ago that you were going to look into this, but I have yet to hear back from you. Is this even a legitimate company that I’m dealing with? I’ve never experienced such poor customer service from any company I’ve dealt with. I have no choice but to contact my bank and report this issue to them. I’m also spreading the word to friends, in person and online in hunting/shooting forums not to do business with this company. Like I said, I’ve never experienced such poor customer service.