Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need headlamp ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:12 AM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need headlamp ideas

Jake, doesn't that headlight go for like 300 beans?

Old 12-14-2007, 07:21 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

Thanks OS. As far as the length, I'm not sure, but I can say it's pretty long. I didn't realize that they had more than one length in the 5.75". I love having the mids AND highway pegs. I've been living with a pinched nerve in my back for the past 3 years so it gives me the ability to change my seating position if needed.
Try living with 6 herniated discs (3 upper and 3 lower)... I finally have an appointment in a week for one of those epidural steroid shots for pain. I hope it works.

Anyway, back to the light. I think HD offers 2 bullet lights. Both just alike except one is 4.5" and the other is 5 3/4" which is what Jake has. As I said earlier, I think both look good - you just have to choose your favorite. Both are about 7" long. However both are in the $300 range and, according to the P&A catalog, you have to buy the proper mount on top of that for about another $40 (2 to choose from). There has to be some value in the HD lights to justify the extra money but I'm not convinced there is an extra $200 in there. There are similar style and size lights on ebay all day long in the $100 +/- range.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:35 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: flynavy

Jake, doesn't that headlight go for like 300 beans?
Retail, yes. I didn't pay that at the dealership though, it was between $250-$300 if I remember correctly. I don't know what discount I'm getting at the dealership, but I have yet to be charged full price. I don't know if it's because I know the family or because I paid cash for everything to date (small fortune).

Old 12-14-2007, 07:37 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

Thanks OS. As far as the length, I'm not sure, but I can say it's pretty long. I didn't realize that they had more than one length in the 5.75". I love having the mids AND highway pegs. I've been living with a pinched nerve in my back for the past 3 years so it gives me the ability to change my seating position if needed.
Try living with 6 herniated discs (3 upper and 3 lower)... I finally have an appointment in a week for one of those epidural steroid shots for pain. I hope it works.

Anyway, back to the light. I think HD offers 2 bullet lights. Both just alike except one is 4.5" and the other is 5 3/4" which is what Jake has. As I said earlier, I think both look good - you just have to choose your favorite. Both are about 7" long. However both are in the $300 range and, according to the P&A catalog, you have to buy the proper mount on top of that for about another $40 (2 to choose from). There has to be some value in the HD lights to justify the extra money but I'm not convinced there is an extra $200 in there. There are similar style and size lights on ebay all day long in the $100 +/- range.
I had those shots...twice. I think they called it a "block", but they didn't work for me.

I have to agree that I don't see the extra $ that HD gets, but then again, they are usually priced higher than just about everything I've seen aftermarket.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
StreetBobbin
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is a Headwinds 7". The lighting with this thing is far superior to the stock bulb.