Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn "Widow" Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:06 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Kuryakyn "Widow" Pegs

Someone asked me for pix on one of the threads but I thought I'd just create a new thread so as to not steer the other one completely off topic. I found these on ebay from Eastern Performance and bought them on impulse because I've kind of liked them since they came out and they were $20 under retail with free shipping. I knew they could go either way between being cool and being kind of cheesy so I fully expect both opinions if anyone cares to give one. Now that I have them on, I'm leaning towards the cool side. I wasn't prepared for the size and weight of these things. I replaced my ISO pegs with heel rests with these and am happy to see that these have plenty of surface area. I'm not sure that I'll ever take advantage of them but note the two "scrape guards" protruding from underneath. Super easy to install and adjust the angle on these. That spike in the middle is actually part of a bolt that can be loosened to adjust the angle and easily tightened with a deep socket. I like these enough that I went to Kuryakyn's website yesterday and ordered the matching shifter peg and some other goodies I've been wanting.

Anyway, take them for what they are worth to you. This thread really has no purpose except to show'em if you are interested in seeing them. Someone asked me for pix so I am throwing them up here.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/079C3194D84B47BFA21E178DB2F27B47.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/7BD07A65104B4F85BCBF49436187AABD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/FB62FE59FDFA4966B6A2D23034726AC9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/E442F063149343BDA54FB095A9A4B226.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-13-2007, 09:22 AM
shawn e.
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kuryakyn "Widow" Pegs

Those look great on your bike. I thought about getting a set. But they would clash with the red and my bike doesnt look mean enough!

Old 12-13-2007, 12:45 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think they look good, fxdc. Even look better with the matching shifter/brake pads. They seem like with plenty of surface and thegrooves, your feet should stay planted pretty well. And believe me, you will use the scrape guards. I've got the same guards on my switchblade pegs. They sell them seperately, IIRC.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:24 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: hk_shooter

I think they look good, fxdc. Even look better with the matching shifter/brake pads. They seem like with plenty of surface and thegrooves, your feet should stay planted pretty well. And believe me, you will use the scrape guards. I've got the same guards on my switchblade pegs. They sell them seperately, IIRC.
Thanks, I got the shift peg on order direct from Kury. I think I'll leave the brake pad since it's kind of plain and will go with most anything. I don't want to spider it up too much and try and make it look like a theme or something. They make some Widow grips now that are wild looking but, again, too "themy" for me.

I stepped outside a little while ago and, though it's cloudy, it felt pretty good. So, I hopped on the bike to run a few errands. The pegs are definitely very grippy and beefy feeling. That extended shift peg has to go though. The pegs are so thick, my boot is too tight under the shift peg and it's hard to relieve it because the shift peg is so long. I could adjust the shift lever I guess but that peg doesn't really go with the pegs at all anyway. They make some Zombie pegs that are very similar in size and style to these if you aren't into the spider thing.

At least I gota short ride in this week. Here comes the cold, wind, and rain...

Old 12-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Gordothespacemonkey
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought about going with the widow collection. I like the pegs and the grips are VERY comfortable. I just haven't commited to getting them yet.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:48 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Gordothespacemonkey

i thought about going with the widow collection. I like the pegs and the grips are VERY comfortable. I just haven't commited to getting them yet.
Yep the grips look pretty cool IMO. Nothing wrong with going with all matching stuff. I just made a decision to try and stay away from that. It's hard to make a stock bike look unique without doing your own fab work or having custom one-off stuff donethese days with so much bolt on stuff available and so many bikes being sold just alike. But, I am trying to make mine as different as I can from all the rest. It'll take a while I know but it's fun.