Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TexasCut

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Airlite357
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TexasCut

HK_shooter, you sure thats legal in Michigan?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dorkman

I like the laydown,

too bad that blue inspection sticker has to be there.
Dorkman, where did you put yours??

Or are they even required in your neck of the woods.

mud

Old 12-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Clutch66
Tourer

There's always going to be that "a-hole cop" around to hassle you. I use the Kuryakyn lay-down, wrap around tag frame and I was stopped by the above-mentioned officer who informed me that the pate MUST be visible from the rear at night for X number of feet (I ignored most of what he said), and that by laying it down, the light did not show on the plate. He told me to go home and put back on the stock plate bracket (sure I will), he also told me that my side mounted inspection sticker bracket is not legal and told me to change that (right.....sure I will). But, he didn't give me a ticket. But said he would if he ever caught me again (I just won't let him catch me).

Rules, rules, rules............

C66

Old 12-13-2007, 11:29 PM
remipmc
Advanced

no i didnt get the plate with the inspection sticker attachment. i dont run with an inspection sticker, i never get hassled about it. i was just talking about having the bracket period. i really liked the look of it on the bike, it makes it look like the plate is floating over the fender, or molded to it. i love the look onmy bike, and no offense, but i am not partial to the attached inspection sticker. but heyas long as you dig it. take it easy...

Old 12-14-2007, 01:24 AM
mud
muderator

OK. That's what I thought.

You didn't get the TexasCut.

Yet.

mud

ORIGINAL: remipmc

no i didnt get the plate with the inspection sticker attachment. i dont run with an inspection sticker, i never get hassled about it. i was just talking about having the bracket period. i really liked the look of it on the bike, it makes it look like the plate is floating over the fender, or molded to it. i love the look onmy bike, and no offense, but i am not partial to the attached inspection sticker. but heyas long as you dig it. take it easy...

Old 12-14-2007, 05:32 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: remipmc

so, how do you get away without the inspection sticker.... OH, never mind!! just figured it out.....

mudpuddle - looks like you win the prize for the 1st Texascut....

Old 12-14-2007, 07:45 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mud you were the first TexasCut. When I sent a bracket to Remi I didn't know Texas inspection law. In New York state the inspection sticker is supposed to be on the left lower fork.

Remi--if you change your mind and want a "TexasCut" you know where to find me.

Dorkman-- I make these without the inspection sticker tab as well. I sent you a PM.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:05 PM
remipmc
Advanced

thanks but i think ill take my chances, i really like the look of the plates without the inspection sticker add on. ill be moving to san antonio, so i guess ill find out how the cops react down there. hopefully they wont be dicks.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:52 PM
caveman76
Intermediate

I had to get one too. I like old school style if i have to name a style. but that stock plate was all geeked out. hog rida i love the bracket. period. from missouri. i almost said i dont give a fugg about the insp. sticker but then latly i have been conforming to the fuzz as to not get pulled over in the first place. If any one thinks this is a free country: keep on lyin to yourself and keep on stickin up for fake christians like bush.

[IMG]local://upfiles/40859/C5C372F5982E4A579ADC825BFB662A25.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-16-2007, 10:53 PM
mud
muderator

ORIGINAL: caveman76

then latly i have been conforming to the fuzz as to not get pulled over in the first place.

Never give adog a reason to bark

ORIGINAL: caveman76

If any one thinks this is a free country:

keep on lyin to yourself and keep on stickin up for fake christians like bush.
What the fork has Geo got to do with this??
Take that crap back in the cave

Quick Reply: TexasCut