Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Names...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:57 PM
DWGMan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Names...

Curousity! I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day, he's been on a Sporty for years and just picked up a 71' while home on R&R. He's a member of an M/C and asked me about some ideas for his Road name. I gave him the normal talk about 'It's up to your Club and that's Club business', you all know... the normal deal. But it got me thinking... what are some the road names of the members here and how did you get them?

Example, back in Hawaii, I rode with some friends in an M/C. I never prospected although I was asked several times (long story short, Indian Larry, I like to ride and don't really want to be bothered by M/C By-Laws). We were riding through Waikiki. This Mustang convertable rolls up next to us with some hot babes in bikinis. Right as we're pulling up to a redlight, the blonde flashes me. I smiled as I was stopping then suddenly the bike begins to wobble (as I'm stopped) and WHAM! Down it goes. I got so embarrassed so quickly that I got the retarded strength and muscled it back up ('97 Bagger) and gassed it running the redlight. I saw the guys putting their stands down as I wasthundering out of there! When they caught up to me at the Starbucks they were laughing their asses off!! Needless to say, I was so focused on Fun-Bags that I forgot to put my feet down and thus the Road name, "Kickstand".

Let's here you stories!

Old 12-11-2007, 09:14 PM
russrom
Intermediate
Default RE: Road Names...

Never had a Road name but Great story man! I got a good chuckle!

Old 12-11-2007, 09:57 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yup, good story -- made me laugh. Who knew a couple sweater cows could put down a bagger.

No road name here. But I got a general nickname. Buddies simply call me "Bee" as in "bee sting". One night years ago some smart *** was startin' trouble, and when confronted, he began talking like Mohammad Ali. He was telling everyone how how he could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, showin' off for his buddies, while circling me bouncing from one leg to the other like a boxer.

When he started his second lap around me I stung him in the jaw with a quick backhand fist and he got a little blurry for a few minutes. Even his own friends laughed because he was being such a dipsh!t.

B also happens to be my first initial so it works both ways I guess.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:45 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Years ago, long before the wife and kids, I ran around a little, and my best bud was never able to get my attention when he needed it while at the local watering hole. Didn't matter ifit was to be 'wing man' or to help him drink the 'extra' beer he was holding or to 'watch his six' when push came to shove. One time, he just whistled, really, really loud and yelled "POOCH". SOmehow, above all the backround noise I heard it and turned to see him waving for me to join him. Well, needless to say, I had my "road name". And to all my biker brothers and sisters, I will be forever known as Pooch.

[IMG]local://upfiles/38520/CCB84E20618D43F0BA54D18DC9D009DC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Wildcat68
Road Captain

Was a "hang around" and offered prospect status, turned it down. Thought about all the rules/regs/uniformity that came with it and remembered why I got out of the U.S. Navy.
At a party one night the treasurer/secretary was cooking up some yardbird on the grill and was quite pleased with himself. Well I had been into the Woodford Reserve/Bud for a while and I forgot my place and told him " If you keep stabbing that bird with that fork you are gonna f*ck it up, dry it out, use the tongs" Well for the short time of my prospecting I was know as TONGS.....M/C/'s are for some, not for me..

Old 12-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Jetpat
Banned

Mine's a pretty boring story compared to you guys. I'm a corporate pilot andfly a Gulfstream III...thus my clubmates gave me the moniker "Jet". Funny thing is I've never looked like a pilot in my life 'til I got the gig about 6 years ago, and the people at the airport still barely recognize me when I show up out of uniform. At least I don't have to wear the funny pilot hat on the job! Although, a few years ago I rode to the jet for a day trip and forgot my nice shoes. Harness boots and rudder pedals can be a tough combination.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:57 PM
mark2626
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Wyde Glyde Bry

Yup, good story -- made me laugh. Who knew a couple sweater cows could put down a bagger.

No road name here. But I got a general nickname. Buddies simply call me "Bee" as in "bee sting". One night years ago some smart *** was startin' trouble, and when confronted, he began talking like Mohammad Ali. He was telling everyone how how he could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, showin' off for his buddies, while circling me bouncing from one leg to the other like a boxer.

When he started his second lap around me I stung him in the jaw with a quick backhand fist and he got a little blurry for a few minutes. Even his own friends laughed because he was being such a dipsh!t.

B also happens to be my first initial so it works both ways I guess.
Sweater Cows...haha, the guy in the cube next to me is looking at me like I'm an idiot I am laughing so hard...

Old 12-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Htrod02
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Currently in a club in Illinois.....road name is tramp....I guess I dont have to explain that one, lol

Old 12-12-2007, 03:18 PM
atlasfields
Cruiser

Atlas. On the road,this forum and all the others I frequent. Once accused of look like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders...well that and I'm 6 foot and 230. [8D]

Old 12-12-2007, 04:43 PM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like most other expat New Zealander's ... i'm often just called 'kiwi' ...
but like most on here i don't do clubs

Quick Reply: Road Names...