Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Names...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:17 PM
bolverk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road Names...

Back inday my friends called me "bong"....but I don't remember why

Old 12-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Clutch66
Tourer

My name Clutch came from my first Harley back in 1964, I bought a 1947 61 cu.in. knuckle with a tank shift and a foot clutch (and the left grip twisted also). I dropped it, in a ditch, at a stop sign,the first day I had it, not knowing how to work that dammed foot clutch. I learned quickly, but the name stuck.

C66

Old 12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Clutch66
Tourer

bolverk.............I may have known you back then..........I knew a lot of guys named "bong", but I can't remember what any of them looked like.

C66

Old 12-13-2007, 05:54 AM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I've been called everything in the book....lol. Funny one was this past summer I went to a baseball game with some buddies and wanted a vanilla ice cream. So me and my friends hit the ice cream bar and I saw these kids getting their ice creams with sprinkles on them. I was like man, I havent had an ice cream with sprinkles since I was a kid, so I ordered mine with sprinkles. Well, I guess the dudes I was with thought that was queer or something and they started giving me hell for getting sprinkles on my ice cream. Well to this day, my new nickname has become Sprinkles. lol. Hey, I could either kick their asses for or laugh back at them....I chose to laugh....cause I got some names for them too...Its all fun

Old 12-13-2007, 07:57 AM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grizzly was my platoons call sign in Iraq (04-05 Fallijah/Ramadi) I was the PltSgt and for a time the PltCmdr. Grizzly is actually my Regiments call sign, (5thMarines) but my plt was the only part of the Regiment in theater, so we were assigned that call sign. Anyhow, long story short, thats where my road name came from. I deployed again with 5th Marines in 06 back to Fallujah, but it wasnt the same.

I had a great time with the Fighting fifth. Now I am wearing Warrant Officer bars and with an Arty Bn (5/11). But thats another story...

Old 12-13-2007, 02:42 PM
cabledude
Advanced

With a first name like Cord, you could imagine the comments and names I've heard from it. I've even made up a few just so I didn't have to hear them from someone esle. It was annoying at first, but now, I realize there's not many people with that name, so people remember it.

The cabledude came about because i work cable tv for a living. When the Jim Carrey movie, "The Cable Guy", came out, that's all I heard. I would thell people that I wasn't a cableguy, but a "cabledude". I was too cool to be just a regular cableguy. I use it online most of the time.[8D]

Old 12-13-2007, 03:15 PM
[Rowdy]
Tourer

I've had quite a few... Family has called me Bud since day 1. Had a couple buddies call me Circ. short for circle track, since I used to race. Went by Rockstar for awhile, I always used to pound rockstar energy drinks every day. Went by Billy by a select few for our country/rock-a/pscyobilly taste in music. had a few girlfriends call me a-- hole...

...Now, I'm Rowdy. Just for the wayI get when Bud Light and Mr. 'Minze start thinkin' for me.

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Old 12-13-2007, 03:33 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: [Rowdy]

had a few girlfriends call me a-- hole...

...Now, I'm Rowdy. Just for the wayI get when Bud Light and Mr. 'Minze start thinkin' for me.

-Ryan "Rowdy."
Hey, I've been called that too.
Now, who is Mr. Minze?

Old 12-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Hutson
Tourer

No name for me but that is a great story.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:50 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: hk_shooter

ORIGINAL: [Rowdy]

had a few girlfriends call me a-- hole...

-Ryan "Rowdy."
Hey, I've been called that too.
Now, who is Mr. Minze?
I'm thinkin' he means Rumpleminze, a German-style peppermint schnapps of sorts. Tastey, but I'm partial to extra sharp ginger brandy, or blackberry brandy in the schnapps department.

Quick Reply: Road Names...