Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable highway pegs????

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Atomic Injector
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adjustable highway pegs????

I'm looking to get highway pegs for my street bob. My question is why are the adjustable ones cheaper than the regular mount kit. Do you have to buy both kits to make them adjust?

Adjustable pegs

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Regular kit

Old 12-11-2007, 09:50 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Adjustable highway pegs????

The adjustable kit you buy on its own - you don't need one to use the other. I don't know about it being cheaper. I think the adjustable kit is chrome so it's probably more expensive. Depending on how much adjustment you need, I've seen at least one person take the standard kit and turn it around backwards to get the pegs closer. If you are looking to move them further out, you need the adjustable kit. Kuryakyn also makes a plethora of things that you can use to adjust the position of pegs as well.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Only need the one adjustable set to make them adjust, but other than the backwards install mentioned, the adjustables only have 2 basic positions for adjustment, however, I found them to work fine on my street bob. Got pegs to match the mids and powdercoated them, too!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Smitty58
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The difference between the two is the number of holes and bolts. One hole on the adjustable allows you to adjust. I would think they're not as stable but that's opinion?? I had the standard kit (not Harley) that's a mirror image of those at your link and they're chromed. I paid $55.00 for them but don't use them anymore as I had forward controls installed. Let me know if you want the standards for the shipping costs. You would have to by pegs but I hate to see them go to waste.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:36 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Not sure why the standard kit is more money. I have a set of the adjustable ones that I used before I did forward controls and they were pretty nice looking.

If you want a nice used set of the adjustables, let me know. Still have the box and all.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Ronbaci
Cruiser

Smitty58, I will take them if Atomic Injector doesn't want them. They have two holes, right?

Atomic Injector, I have a pair of the adjustables (chromed) that I am not using. If interested, let me know. I would also have the unchromed blackoneswith two holes if Smitty58 agrees to send me his (for shipping, right?). Let me know. We can do some trading here.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

ORIGINAL: Atomic Injector

I'm looking to get highway pegs for my street bob. My question is why are the adjustable ones cheaper than the regular mount kit. Do you have to buy both kits to make them adjust?

Adjustable pegs

Regular kit

Thanks for the part numbers! I've been looking to install a set on my FDX.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Smitty58
Novice

Minehave twoholes but they ARE chromed. Let me know??

Old 12-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Atomic Injector
Cruiser

Ronbaci, you have a standard black set? I sure would liketo get a hold of them.

Smitty58and JayFromPa thanks for your guys' offer it very kind of you.

Ronbaci and Smitty58, Can we get together and do a swap? Let me know what we need to do.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Ronbaci
Cruiser

OK. If I can get the two hole chrome set for my 2007 LR, I will swap them out with the standard two hole black ones that came with my bike and send them. I also have an adjustable (one hole)chrome set that I never used.

You would have to purchase the bolts to mount them to your frame as I would keep mine to mount the chrome arms. You would also have to purchase foot pegs (or I can give you the stock ones I had on my bike originally) and you would need the footpeg supports. Understand, my adjustable kit comes with the footpeg supports.If all are in agreement, lets get offline and on email and make this happen.

Quick Reply: Adjustable highway pegs????