Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What console equipped tanks fit a Super Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:25 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default What console equipped tanks fit a Super Glide?

I've got a buddy with an '07 Super Glide who is looking to get rid of his handlebar mounted speedo, and switch to a tank with a console.

Could he just purcahse a Super Glide Custom or Street Bob tank with a console, or are the mount locations going to be an issue?

If you've done something similar to your Super Glide, or can point me toward a thread with some info, I'd appreciate it.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Smiley51
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What console equipped tanks fit a Super Glide?

I switched out my tank 07 superglide to a street bob and the low rider tank will work I'm pretty sure. I used a thread call" moved my speedo from the bars" I think. Any way do a search there's a bunch of threads on this. I got the tank and guages from ebay and the other stuff from Zanotti's
Smiley

Old 12-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Beefy
Tourer

Yep. I hate my speedo mounted on the bar too. I've searched high and low, and it seems you can only gotwo ways with the superglide. Get a speedo that's less obtrusive, like a Dakota Digital with different mount suggestions to clean up the front of the bike, or get a different tank and console gauges, which to me at this time would be pretty costly. Tank, gauges, color matched paint. Sometimes, I wish I was a rub. Glad I'm not, though.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:54 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Beefy

Yep. I hate my speedo mounted on the bar too. I've searched high and low, and it seems you can only gotwo ways with the superglide. Get a speedo that's less obtrusive, like a Dakota Digital with different mount suggestions to clean up the front of the bike, or get a different tank and console gauges, which to me at this time would be pretty costly. Tank, gauges, color matched paint. Sometimes, I wish I was a rub. Glad I'm not, though.
Hey watch it!!! (rub)..............I'm one of those (Really Underpaid Biker)Like my "ugly speedo" most the time.

I looked into changing out for new lowrider tank, etc. last year, and was lookin at spending around $1600 (not).

Have you looked into the Dakota mirrors?? Speedo, tach, and all indicators are in the mirrors.

DougJ

Old 12-09-2007, 09:32 PM
simsjam
Cruiser

You guys may want to consider using a 2004 to present Sportster Custom speedo setup with risers like I did. It lowers the speedo without the major investment and trouble to go with a whole new tank. I got the whole setup with wiring harness on Ebay used and it was a lot cheaper than new. It only took me half a day to install and everything was plug and play- no major modifications. On the plus side it gve me enough room to add a windshield bag.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:46 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: simsjam

You guys may want to consider using a 2004 to present Sportster Custom speedo setup with risers like I did. It lowers the speedo without the major investment and trouble to go with a whole new tank. I got the whole setup with wiring harness on Ebay used and it was a lot cheaper than new. It only took me half a day to install and everything was plug and play- no major modifications. On the plus side it gve me enough room to add a windshield bag.
That makes a sweet setup, too. Can you post a pic?? Don't know if it was yours I saw awhile back or not.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:47 PM
hddave2
Road Captain

would you have any pics of your bike with the 2004 sportyspeedo setup...thanks

Old 12-09-2007, 10:04 PM
simsjam
Cruiser

Here is the whole thread with pics. I have been happy with it so far but I would sure like to lengthen the handlebar wiring and go internal.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2447223/m...tm.htm#2447223

Old 12-10-2007, 04:43 AM
Beefy
Tourer

Hey simsjam. Can the speedo mount to the 1" stock risers instead of the 2004 sporty Riser? That would probably kick my bars up another 4 or 5 inches by the looks of it and thats to high.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys may want to consider using a 2004 to present Sportster Custom speedo setup with risers like I did.

That is what I wanted to do, too, but I ended upchroming the stock setup and adding mini-apes (after being told repeatedly it wouldn't work and beforefinding this forum). Turns out I'm happy with how mine turned out, but I still really like the Sportster Custom setup. I learned some time agoto ignore most of what the guys at the dealer say BTW.

Quick Reply: What console equipped tanks fit a Super Glide?