Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turn signal relocation

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 02:27 PM
jkenosh
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: turn signal relocation

i bought a new connector and took it apart to see how they locked in, it made it much easier

Old 05-20-2006, 01:17 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Please somebody give me a hint on how to get these friggin' pins out of the connectors.I probed with a piece of wire and one of them popped right out and I've been out there for a solid hour and I can't get another one of these mothers to budge.

I'm about to quit and go to the beer joint before I just cut the damn things off.

Thanks

Tom

Old 05-20-2006, 01:32 AM
phreak
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got yer service manual? Appendix B, Section 2, page 5 discusses disconnecting the Deutsch connectors. I believe the connection phor the signals is similar. Also, there is supposed to be a special tool for doing it, but it doesn't look much different from an optician's screwdriver.

I haven't gotten to it just yet. Maybe this weekend, maybe not.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:49 AM
TimsBob
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did this several weeks ago on my Bob. Couldn't figure out how to remove the connectors so I just cut the wires and resoldered them back together. Also, I hope you have your heads covered with a towel or something. That little clamp on the crossover gas tube makes a nasty scratch and you won't even know it till your done.

Also, you might think it looks funny at first but after a while you get use to it and it starts to look better. One of the wrench turners at the stealer always gives me crap about the way it looks but I give it right back to him cause his bike is just parts in a box right now.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:05 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I went to Radio Shack and bought a set of precison screwdrivers and worked on the small black connector on the right side for fourty forevers and finally gave up and cut the wire.The left side was a larger white connector and it was easy to get the pins out of them.

I had the dealer install the Harley turnsignal relocation kit and didn't like the looks of it,so I ordered a 49 mm clamp from kuryakyn and moved the turn signals to the top of the fork next to the headlight and tucked in close to the tube.Looks a lot better to me.

This was a major PITA to do,took me ten times longer than I thought it would,but it turned out good.I'll post some pics if I ever get my camera back from the repair shop.

The Kuryakyn clamps come with a course thread and you need a fine thread for the Harley turn sig.Couldn't find one on Sunday so I ground the top of the Allen head from Harley at an angle so it would fit the inside curvature of the clamp.Also the Harley turn signal won't mate up flush with the clamp so you'll have to purchase or make a spacer to stand the t-sig off from the clamp about an eigth inch.

Didn't help that the dealer tech crossthreaded the bolt into the turnsignal,like to never have gotten it out,luckily I was able to clean up both threads with a little tap and die set I got.

While I had everything tore up I went ahead and built a tank lift out of some aluminum I had laying around and installed it too.Finished about midnite last nite and took it for a test drive,all is good.

Good Luck

Tom