Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDC '07 -v- '08. Trying To Understand Differences

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007 | 11:48 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: FXDC '07 -v- '08. Trying To Understand Differences

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

ORIGINAL: drhooligan

2007fxdc-Great answers to this guys questions. I notoced that you have the Ness BS, V&H's, and fuelpak. I'll bet that was agood bump over the stock power. Nice bike!
Bump is a good word to use for it. I got nervous about running the bike too lean when I installed the Straightshots so I wanted to add a fuelpak. V&H's told me not to do that without adding a high-flow a/c so I sort of backed into a stage 1 upgrade just trying to protect my engine. But, yes, the throttle response is great and on the high-end it puts the "glide" in super glide. Plus I really love the sound now and it seems to run a little cooler than before. However, I've only been able to take it on 2 short rides since the install because of the weather. But, we are expecting near 70's over the weekend and 70+ temps the first half of next week so I'll definitely be shaking it down some more.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. The sig pic is pre-stage 1 and pre-magnetic flame removal. Here is what it looks like now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/E97D4356576B480CA1921DE03398DE00.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/196442760CA6479FAE56DA92C927F9AF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/0694976DADA0472A8FD4CCCCC6B7909A.jpg[/IMG]
I like your bike with the new A/C, but I did like the flames you had on the tank. Maybe you could have some custom flames painted on?

Old 12-07-2007 | 11:59 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

I like your bike with the new A/C, but I did like the flames you had on the tank. Maybe you could have some custom flames painted on?
I still have them and may throw them on from time to time but they are just stick ons. I try not to let what others say bother me about my bike. I like what I like and that's all that really matters. But, I did hear a lot of **** about the flames and they were easy to remove so I took them off. I'm getting used to the look without them. Painted flames are great if they are on the whole bike, IMO, but I really liked what I had because they were chrome and were raised up and, to me, almost looked like they were meant to be there as part of the tank emblem. What I'd really like to do, and am keeping my eyes open, is to get some bar and shield badges similar to what's on the Fat Bob, minus the long swoosh behind it, and just replace my badges. It's not at the top of my list but if I can find a nice set, I'll probably do that at some point.

Appreciate the compliments as always though.

Old 12-07-2007 | 12:06 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

I still have them and may throw them on from time to time but they are just stick ons. I try not to let what others say bother me about my bike. I like what I like and that's all that really matters. But, I did hear a lot of **** about the flames and they were easy to remove so I took them off. I'm getting used to the look without them. Painted flames are great if they are on the whole bike, IMO, but I really liked what I had because they were chrome and were raised up and, to me, almost looked like they were meant to be there as part of the tank emblem. What I'd really like to do, and am keeping my eyes open, is to get some bar and shield badges similar to what's on the Fat Bob, minus the long swoosh behind it, and just replace my badges. It's not at the top of my list but if I can find a nice set, I'll probably do that at some point.

Appreciate the compliments as always though.
Just keep doing what you like and don't worry about what anyone else says. Every one is entitled their opinions, but in the end it is yours that counts. I'm sure there are some that don't care for what I did to my bike, but it's pleasing to me and that's all that matters.

The great thing about our Harleys is that there is so much we can do to them to make them unique and different than everyone elses.