Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Bullet Headlight on my 07

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket Bullet Headlight on my 07

ORIGINAL: dklozik

We're in the same boat. Both of us are waiting on the box to arrive tomorrow. I'll be sure to post some pics as Im sure he will as well. At least then we can get anidea of what each one looks like. With my luck, he'll end up liking the bigger light and I'll like the smaller light....yeah, I think I'll mount and look before I start wiring.
I usually have a pretty good feel for what I'll like and what I won't and I don't think I'll like the bigger light on my bike, with my bars, for some reason.

I'll post pix as well but it will probably be Friday as UPS SUCKS! here and usually doesn't deliver to my house until anywhere from 5 pm to 7 pm at night. So, you may be done before I get started.

Will be interested to swap install stories and pix afterwards...

Old 12-05-2007, 07:40 PM
06FXDCIRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just cut the plug off the stock end and wired them together. Hit the ends with a dab of solder. I believe nearly all electrical connections should be soldered, plus I do the stained glass thing and always have a couple differnent types of solder sitting aroud. I taped the stuff up with black electrical tape and tucked everying away to make it look presentable. Everything has worked fine since then.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:45 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got headlight with yellow and red wires, I connected yellow to yellow from bike, and red with white, hi/low beams were reverse. disconnected and wired yellow from light towhite from bike,and red from light to yellowfrom bike. worked fine. Black wire from bike I wrappedwith tape.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:53 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Okay, got the light. Below are 2 pix to show you what I got as far as wires and mount. Looks like the mount will work but haven't checked it against the bike itself yet. Appears I have the red and yellow wires that HDDyna was talking about and it sounds like the worse I can do is get hi and lo backwards and then fix it. So, check me on this, I should just disgard the stock ground wire and then first try yellow from light to white from bike and red from light to yellow from bike and see what I've got?

I got lucky. As I was leaving the house, I noticed the ups truck behind me at a light. I tailed the driver to the next stop and got my package this morning without having to wait until tonight as usual.

Also, someone asked about the tri-bar so I'm adding a pic to show what that is.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/07FC5685120E48E5B8F8D6D694F22A5D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/27E44F57755748AAACFEF444FE94BAC4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-06-2007, 11:13 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: HDDyna2006

I got headlight with yellow and red wires, I connected yellow to yellow from bike, and red with white, hi/low beams were reverse. disconnected and wired yellow from light towhite from bike,and red from light to yellowfrom bike. worked fine. Black wire from bike I wrappedwith tape.
FYI - below is quoted from the email I just got from EP confirming what you did for this light as well.

"red is regular, yellow is high, the light is grounded through the case and you cap off the black wire"

Old 12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Trotter
Banned

Good deal... Light looks Good Attaced this is what ya need.. Less than a dollar.. You just need 2 pins and 1 Blank plug.. Leave the ground in the harness plug alone, it'll be fine and ready to go if you decide to go back to stock...

[IMG]local://upfiles/24219/4A2316AAECD74C09A210B53C7BEDB8F3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-06-2007, 12:54 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Looks like nobody is contributing to this thread but me - haha.

Anyway, if/when someone looks at this again, I'm wondering if I need to go and buy a new bolt and nut to mount the light to the lower tree? Is the existing hole in the tree threaded or just a pass-thru? Looks like the the stock light mounts with a bolt through the bottom and threads into the stock mount, which is probably too long for this light. And, it looks like this light should properly be mounted with a bolt going down through from the top of the mount, through the hole in the tree and then fastened with a washer and nut from underneath. Any thoughts?

Old 12-06-2007, 01:18 PM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Im still waiting on the F*^&%$@ UPS truck to show up with my light. Every other day hes here at noon...just cause my **** is on the truck, it'll be 7pm tonight Im sure. I'll check on nut/bolt mounting situation as soon as mine comes in. I'll keep checking back here and I'll post something when I have an idea.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:31 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dklozik

Im still waiting on the F*^&%$@ UPS truck to show up with my light. Every other day hes here at noon...just cause my **** is on the truck, it'll be 7pm tonight Im sure. I'll check on nut/bolt mounting situation as soon as mine comes in. I'll keep checking back here and I'll post something when I have an idea.
Meanwhile, I've got to run a few errands. If I have time when I get back, I'm going to dismount my stock light and see if there is really a way to use the stock hardware as EP has just told me. They may be assuming I want to use the stock mount and I may do that depending on how it looks and fits. Otherwise, I'll be off to the hardware store to get a nice bolt and nut to do the trick with the supplied mount.

I've gotten lucky today. As I was typing this, fedex showed up with my frame adapters so I can now use my lift and, like I said earlier, I had a chance encounter with the ups truck earlier today or I'd still be waiting on my light as well. Sometimes it's nice to live in a small town where your ups driver knows your address just by looking at your face - that freaked me out when she checked her manifest after just saying hi to me and then spat out my address without asking me for it or my like she's a human rolodex. I guess that's one of the by-products of delivering packages to the same places day in and day out.

I'm hoping the dealer will have the plugI need in stock so I can keep from cutting my stock wires. If they do, I'll have to wait til I can pick that up before actually installing this thing.

Good luck - don't forget pix.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Trotter
Banned

Ooopp's

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Bullet Headlight on my 07