Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* HOW TO * under fifty bux *

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 12:42 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratbob
For those that want to be able to easily remove saddlebags, I got this idea from others on this forum, but can never find a description to pass it along to those looking for a cheap & clean solution so I wrote this up.
This is a great Mod. Thanks for posting this, I saw this idea by someone else but couldn't find it when I wanted it.

I have an 08 Fat Bob and exactly the same bags. I'm alright with the wide look so I never take the bags off to ride. The issue for me as not being able to clean the bike well in the areas covered by the bags. This makes it much easier to remove the bags when I want.

In my case the font studs were about an eighth of an inch short and I may redo the front.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:45 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Po2387
I saw a few pictures of what the BCT baffles look like, but did not feel like spending the money for them. Not yet anyway, so I thought of this idea in the mean time. I took out my standard Vance and Hines baffles that come with the Big Shots and attached these eyebolts into the end cap of each pipe to hopefully give about the same amount of back pressure. The bike is up on the lift when I did this, so have not been able to test it yet. Still waiting to get my 21" wheel on the bike. Let me know what you guys think.
SO you removed the stock V&H baffles and installed 2 eye bolts. This is going to give you back pressure? Also the BCT baffles look like eyebolts. I dont see this doing anything for sound or back pressure. Curious if you got a chance to ride it.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac69
SO you removed the stock V&H baffles and installed 2 eye bolts. This is going to give you back pressure? Also the BCT baffles look like eyebolts. I dont see this doing anything for sound or back pressure. Curious if you got a chance to ride it.
I'm in complete agreement, having tried these tricks back in the Trumpet days...there was virtually no difference whatsoever in or out to backpressure, popping, low fuel mileage and performance. Once we began making or using the beer can inserts, it improved a lot. Remember those?

Had a Honda 500 once too- cut off all the pipes and put a rod with washers inside each pipe I could turn as gates. That actually worked, because it was something like a 1-1/8" pipe with a 1" washer or thereabouts.
But tuned: no.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:59 PM
BisbeeDyna
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Varmint
Tank Mod. Pictures aint that clear. Lotsa dust. And my lines in the backround look blue??? Frikin nikkon.
One pic thats not seen is the routingI did to the moddedplate to accomodate for clearance. The battery on mycameradied, and had to finish
'for the old lady threw a tantrum. (She's got me decorating for XMAS)

Real cheap mod.Raised the tank up 1 3/4". Took 2 hrs.

Materials:
One piece aluminum flat stock 1" x 3/16" Cost: $.0 (had it laying around in my shop)
One piece 1/2" Aluminun tube stock. Cost: $4.00 (lowes)
One 5/16" x 3 1/2" cap screw. Cost: .69c
Two 5/16" acorn nuts. Cost: $1.10
One can of spray paint. Cost $.0 (had it in my shop. Wish it was flat, not gloss)

Problems/complications...........F UCKIN' VENT HOSE,Wife. Other than that, real smooth Mod.

Great mod, cheap and simple! I lifted mine today with a 2" piece of dowel rod to see if there was any interference. The vent tube and crossover fuel line were the only problems. Vent tube is covered since I repaired my broken one the day I bought my bike with fuel line and new clamps. Like the look but I'm concerned about the crossover line rubbing the frame. How have you remedied that issue?

Old 05-29-2011, 06:48 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by BisbeeDyna

Like the look but I'm concerned about the crossover line rubbing the frame.

How have you remedied that issue?
here's my solution. link below goes to posting # 1065............

Old 05-30-2011, 09:49 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default FREE side mount tag bracket

I always look for 5 x 8 side mount plate holder but nothing available, yes we do have huge ugly license plate in BC. I decided to make my own, digging around and found the upper belt guard works perfect. I cut the belt guard to length, drill 2 mounting holes and mount it on the swing arm, it looks pretty good to me. I will get some Kury led light bolts tomorrow and complete it. Just wanna share the idea, see picture below.

The following users liked this post:
FREDStr33tbob (01-15-2019)
Old 05-30-2011, 09:58 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Hell of an idea. I didn't realize you guys had to run car sized plates up there, that sucks.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:33 PM
BisbeeDyna
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mud
here's my solution. link below goes to posting # 1065............
Thanks Mud. That did the trick.
Turns out I was wrong about interference though. Once I got it all together the spacer between the tank tabs hit the steering center knuckle when turning. Took the spacer and long bolt out and used two 3/4" bolts with no spacer. It's all good I hope but the ride to work tomorrow will let me know.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:35 PM
norris
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is why I love this site so much. I have had my belt guard hanging on the wall of my garage for 3 years, and never thought about that. great idea

Old 05-30-2011, 10:48 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow very cool!

Quick Reply: * HOW TO * under fifty bux *