Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* HOW TO * under fifty bux *

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

AND I HIT "SUBMIT" by mistake...Here's a couple of shots of the finished cooler: the main galleries were tapped 1/8" Pipe thread and I put a couple of (polished, of course) compression fittings into them. I'll be using SS braided water supply line for the hoses.

Edit: I'll add an installed pic now -

Had leakage problems with the adapter, so am waiting on the Harley one now.

Last edited by Quadancer; 04-27-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:32 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Sears Craftsman Red Motorcycle Lift Mod

I certainly can't afford to spend $400 or so on a J&S or Pitbull that is built wide enough so the h-d lift adapters aren't necessary.

The replacement nuts and bolts were roughly $10.00 at the local hardware store. 1/2" x 6"..... Grade 8. I initially tried 5" long bolts but there was only a couple of threads grabbing the nut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8lanUaFQNE

Old 03-18-2010, 09:18 PM
MarineMike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Longhair,
That was great!! I was trying to figure something out to get a fix for my red jack. I'm hitting the hardware store tommorrow on the way home and getting some bolts.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I didn't know until this video that the sears jack IS the Harbor Freight jack in a different color!
Is a dyna LOWER than a heritage? I have to stand the bike up straight to slide the stock jack under it; it JUST fits, now even a bit easier with the Pirelli tire I put on the back. I've been wondering about the complaints with the dyna's.

I always make sure the jack pads are centered under the frame too. I'm allergic to crashing sounds. With the bike upright, I know exactly where the jack is positioned.
Oh, nice mod there.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:29 PM
cwinding
Advanced
Default Right Around Fifty Super Glide Tach-

Besides the obvious cost; E-bay special, brand new, color-changing back-lit, $49- special (delivered), I basically spent a couple more bucks to set it up... and a bunch of hours. With a piece of scrap metal laying around, I fabricated and painted a nice mount to get it where I wanted it (might get it chromed someday!), then a bunch of wiring to do- electrical schematic of bike required!! My 2001 had the tach wire pulled up to the headlight (same harness as all models with or w/o factory tach) that year- found some power with the ignition on (oil light), and grounded the grounds and voila...
This tach comes with six back lights you can change with a click of a mounted button. The best part was realizing I didn't need to run any wires past the bars!!

The button is unmounted in the picture laying upside down on the trees.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:45 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job.
I was trying to figure out a cheaper way to add a tach. Could you post up a copy of the electrical schematic? I have the manual but not the electrical manual.

Originally Posted by cwinding
Besides the obvious cost; E-bay special, brand new, color-changing back-lit, $49- special (delivered), I basically spent a couple more bucks to set it up... and a bunch of hours. With a piece of scrap metal laying around, I fabricated and painted a nice mount to get it where I wanted it (might get it chromed someday!), then a bunch of wiring to do- electrical schematic of bike required!! My 2001 had the tach wire pulled up to the headlight (same harness as all models with or w/o factory tach) that year- found some power with the ignition on (oil light), and grounded the grounds and voila...
This tach comes with six back lights you can change with a click of a mounted button. The best part was realizing I didn't need to run any wires past the bars!!

The button is unmounted in the picture laying upside down on the trees.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:59 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPER01
...Could you post up a copy of the electrical schematic? I have the manual but not the electrical manual....
You will find some over here:

***Dyna Models Wiring Diagram Links Index***

FXD2003Rider

Old 03-26-2010, 09:06 PM
oldman9
Intermediate
Talking

Bought a fairing from an older model suzuki at a scrap yard and had the lights from my cj7 I sold last fall.
I know that it looks kinda weird, but I like it.
Made some brackets that let it snap on and off.
Unbolt the light bracket and put the stock one back on in about 10 min.
I'll start working on a shroud for the inside of the light this week end.
Any thoughts?

Old 03-27-2010, 12:25 AM
oldman9
Intermediate

OK, so after looking at my pictures for a wile, I think I'll put the stock light back on with the fairing and try moving the turn signals down to the lower sides of it.
Any thoughts?

Old 03-27-2010, 01:17 AM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oldman9
OK, so after looking at my pictures for a wile, I think I'll put the stock light back on with the fairing and try moving the turn signals down to the lower sides of it.
Any thoughts?
Good decision.You did say without the fairing? Right?

Quick Reply: * HOW TO * under fifty bux *