Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good deal on tool set for Harleys

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007 | 08:59 PM
cpa55
|
Cruiser
Old 12-03-2007 | 10:12 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Default RE: Good deal on tool set for Harleys

But what kind of quality are they? Maybe I'm fussy about tools but I'd prefer to stick with the name brand stuff that has a good following and that I can take back if it breaks. Granted, it costs more for a quality tool but if I'm on the road somewhere I don't want to use tools that bend or break.

I'd suggest putting together your own kit of quality tools customized to your needs and it probably won't cost a whole lot more.

Just my $0.02

Old 12-04-2007 | 06:16 AM
flynavy
Road Master

Windzone is good quality stuff. This set is really well thought out, and at a great price. Doubt you could go individual craftsman tools to match for cheaper.

It takes up every square inch of a fork bag, so unless you need that for other things and have another bag on your bike, go with the smaller version of this kit, called the Essent-Economy set. Has the necessary stuff from the EK-1HD, minus a few "nice ot haves." My 2 cents

Old 12-04-2007 | 07:39 AM
mongoose
Tourer

I'd be surprised if these are decent quality...$19.99??!!

Old 12-04-2007 | 07:55 AM
flynavy
Road Master

Mongoose - The Windzone kits actually ARE a quality tool kit made especially for HD bikes. BUT...the cheapest I have seen this set is no less than $65.00.

I checked out the seller of these on ebay more closely, and he "specializes" in factory overstocks, lost shipments, etc. according to his own site. Fishy at best. Plus his 16 negative feedbacks in the last month kinda suggests the deal is too good to be real.

Beware!

Old 12-04-2007 | 08:15 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member

Good quality or not, there ain't enough tools in that kit to call it complete. You'd be better off going around your bike and seeing what you may need to tighten/adjust/fix on the road and what tools it would take, then make a list and go buy the tools and put them in a large zippered bag.

Old 12-04-2007 | 08:44 AM
flynavy
Road Master

That's the main impetus behind Windzone creating this kit. It isn't meant to be "complete," but is meant to handle 90% or "most common" road-sdie emergency repairs, and still have the ability to fit in a fork bag.

Think you missed the point.

Old 12-04-2007 | 08:51 AM
Smiley51
Road Captain

I'm with flynavy. If you have ever been on the side of the road broke down " I have had a 77 XLCH" you would be happy to have this set of tools. They are not meant to replace your home tool box. Just my .02 Smiley

Old 12-04-2007 | 08:52 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member

Not a single socket. Not a single extension. I hope all of those repairs in that 90% have easy to reach bolts and nuts.

Old 12-04-2007 | 09:12 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

That's a good price. I think I paid around $40 or so last year getting them new off ebay.

Quick Reply: Good deal on tool set for Harleys