Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Return of Winter

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:30 AM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Return of Winter

With 6 inches of the the cold, white stuff fallen over night, the northeast has officially returned to winter mode.

The roads are being sanded and salted as I type this. Both substances are bad stuff for bikes. Looks like it will indeed be fall now before "most" of us get to ride the hogs again....[X(]

It's a sad day indeed.

For ya'll that live in the south - ride twice as hard for your northern brothers!!!

Happy Holidays

Old 12-03-2007, 07:32 AM
flynavy
Road Master
Default RE: The Return of Winter

Nope...meant to say "SPRING" not Fall.....wow...senior moments are becoming more and more regular!!

Old 12-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: flynavy

Nope...meant to say "SPRING" not Fall.....wow...senior moments are becoming more and more regular!!
Yup - The goal is to have the senior moments non-stop, then you forget you had them - LOL! If ya think that's bad Tim, just wait for cabin fever to set in next month - all coming a bit early this year - where's that global warming when we really need it??

Old 12-03-2007, 08:46 AM
EVO80
Road Captain

I feel for you....it was 70 when I rode to work this morning in South Carolinabut the cold front is heading our way and it will only be 59 tomorrow........

Old 12-03-2007, 08:49 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Chipstah

Yup - The goal is to have the senior moments non-stop, then you forget you had them - LOL! If ya think that's bad Tim, just wait for cabin fever to set in next month - all coming a bit early this year - where's that global warming when we really need it??

Chipstah, you guys got the snow last night, didn't you? I thought the weather said possibly over 1 foot in NH.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:54 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior

We'll make sure we put in some extra miles for you. I remember growing up in NE Ohio, and how bad it got around February for spring fever!!!!

Old 12-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: hk_shooter

ORIGINAL: Chipstah

Chipstah, you guys got the snow last night, didn't you? I thought the weather said possibly over 1 foot in NH.
Yeah, we got about 6" so far and still coming down but not too much more I suspect as it looks like it's ending. Over my way (southwestern NH @1200') it's not as bad as up north, but heck, they love it for the ski areas and all. And they can keep it!!

Old 12-03-2007, 09:06 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't rid'n for a week and I'm already pissed. It's amazing how much ride'n my bike can affect my mood. No ride'n = one grumpy SOB.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No better here in Ohio. weather sucks !!! Cold and snow on the way this week ....

Old 12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Marksman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife thought I lost my mind Saturday morning. I rode a few hours in upper 20's to low 30's. The weather forecast for SE Michigan was/is awful, so I had to go. Great ride, wentdown to the boat launch on Lake St. Clair and saw fisherman and duck hunters breaking the thin ice with their boats.I think they are crazier than me.
Sure enough the white stuff hit hard Saturday night.
Hopefully we will get some clear days yet.
ps. carbureted bike runs like poop in cold weather.

Quick Reply: The Return of Winter