Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help installing headlight modulator

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:46 AM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help installing headlight modulator

Anyone install a Kriss modulator? I guess I'll need to cut the wires of the original plug and use female crimp connector so's to get everything to fit back in the headlight bucket..??[:'(]
Also, how did you fit the light sensor?
Any help apreciated, thanks.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:47 AM
Bassman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help installing headlight modulator

My modulator is a different brand that is plug and play, so I cannot offer you any help there.
For the light sensor, I ran it through the rubber grommet at the back of the headlight bucket where the other wiring comes in. Take a small screwdriver to help pry the grommet to give a little room to let the sensor slide by

Old 11-30-2007, 09:40 AM
cigarman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one and found that it would not fit in the headlight bucket of my SB. I e-mailed them and told them it would not fit and this is the response.

"If the headlight is that small I'd suggest that you open the box. Carefully pull out one of the grommets and then using something like snap ring pliers to insert in the hole and spread the two halves without damaging the wires. Leave the circuit board in the lower half of the box, component side and wires to the top. You can wrap some black electrical tape around the box to keep the board inside. Without the top half of the box it certainly should fit. The unit doesn't generated any heat so no problem with this arrangement. Everything will work fine."

I followed the directions and it worked great. The fit is still tight but it works. The light sensor is out through the grommet at the rear.

Let me know if I can help.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:18 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bassman

My modulator is a different brand that is plug and play, so I cannot offer you any help there.
For the light sensor, I ran it through the rubber grommet at the back of the headlight bucket where the other wiring comes in. Take a small screwdriver to help pry the grommet to give a little room to let the sensor slide by
Thanks, but the wire is not the prob. I got it run thru there ok, just that the bucket is full so I think I'll need the crimps.
Thanks also cigarman, I think you got it right. I'll try that next if this is still too tight.