Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longest Road trip you've taken your Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 08:49 AM
ericsenf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Longest Road trip you've taken your Dyna

After being back on a bike this summer from a 15 year break the wife and I did a 400 mile day from St. Paul, down 35, east to the Mississippi and then up the river valley from the border to Prescott, WI. Our first stretch we did 127 miles without stopping. I wanted to see if the wife had it in her [sm=smiley15.gif] after gradually breaking her in to riding this summer.

I did a two week ride, when I got back from Desert Storm from Ft. Hood, TX to Muskegon, MI the to Appleton, WI and back to Texas. That was quite the ride of over 3200 miles with the route I took and driving up and over Lake Michigan. There wasn't really much thought put into this ride other than I had two weeks off and wanted to visit family. I did this in April; the weather changes quite a bit from TX to MI in April [sm=smiley3.gif].

Next summer is when the wife and I start racking up the miles. We have a weekend trip planned riding the Boundary Waters, we will be at the 105th in Milwaukee, and she's already talking me into a fly and ride over next winter in the South West.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:08 AM
arkieollie
Tourer

Bought my bike off of E-bay and got a one way ticket to Denver, CO. Denver, CO to Ft. Smith, AR. A little over 800 miles in 10 hours. Butt felt like hamburger meat after that trip!

Old 11-26-2007, 09:09 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Threw on the dredded Tallboy Seat, Sissy Bar, and QD Windshield and rode to Myrtle Beach for the Fall Rally. Rained most of the way there so it felt longer and further than it was. Not sure how many miles - maybe about 300 each way. I can say that I'm much more understanding now of people that trailer their bikes. That rain was miserable and at a couple of points, dangerous. I never once wished I was on a bagger or bigger bike though.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:13 AM
wardenwf
Cruiser

2100 miles through Texas, New Mexico and Colorado. This included a couple of 500+ mile days. No problems at all. Did this trip with a badlander seat and no windshield. Changed to a Mustang vintage solo and did 1600 miles through Texas and New Mexico. Once again no problems.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:33 AM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1500 miles in 4 days , a round trip of the BRP from Atlanta.

No mechanical issues , put 20K on that dyna always a champ.

Without a windshield , a 400 mile day was about all I was ever up for.

After 2 wonderful Dyna's I've moved on to an FLHX ..I now average 500 miles a month more riding. It's just easier to put in longer days .

Old 11-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

I did three trips to Santa Fe and back from South Austin this summer, 750 miles 1 way in 1 day in 13hrs no problems.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:47 AM
stell55chevy
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

last summer, my girl and I went 4700 miles. the first day she was a bit grumpy, but the next day we traded her boots for a pair of sneakers and we were good to go. we live in Washington State and we made it as far as New Mexico. was a blast, and the bike held up real good. no issues on the trip at all.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Bought my WG on a Thursday, installed a Sundowner seat, and hit the road Friday for a 1,200 mile ride from Dallas into, around, and back from Arkansas. Loved every minute of it.

Planning a ride to Alaska next summer.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Jay Risk
Tourer

I took a 7,000 mile trip in the summer of '06. Started in Chicago, drove to Yellowstone via the Beartooth Pass and Chief Joseph Highway, spent a week running around Yellowstone then over Teton Pass into Idaho and through the Sawtooth Mtns, west through Oregon to the coast, south along the coast to San Francisco, then a week backpacking in the Sierra Nevada's with my son, home via Nevada, Colorado, etc.
I rode my '06 Streetbob all the way, some days 600+ miles, others much less. Had the inner primary bearing problem poke it's ugly head up when I was in SF, and Dudley Perkins HD took care of it right away. Wonderful folks and they really know their stuff!
I fitted the bike with Dyna Glide handlebars, detachable touring windshield, sundowner seat, luggage rackand saddle bags. Gone a month and looking forward to doing more of the same in the future.
Have traded out the shocks for Progressive 440's and installed Racetech cartridge emulators on the front end.Hope to add Lyndall floating brake rotors and stage 1 upgrade with 2 into 1 pipes soon. What a great bike for handling and touring! Jay Risk

Old 11-26-2007, 10:41 AM
wkdavistx
Tourer

Labor Day weekend (actually 8 days). Rode from La Porte, TX to Houma, LA to Gettysburg, PA for a private rally. One the way back we made several detours including Tail of the Dragon. All total we rode 4,000 miles. Only comfort mods are a Mustang seat and a QD windshield.

Quick Reply: Longest Road trip you've taken your Dyna