Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello Everyone! New Harley Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hello Everyone! New Harley Owner

Congrats on the New SB... Get through the first 1000 miles and switch to your choice of Synthetic Oil's.. Then get your self infinancial trouble.. Extended Warranty is a hard call.. If your gonna ride the bike then most things happen within the first two years, Also you can always buy it 30 days before the factory warranty is up.. Alarm system works good for me with the pager.. But you can always add that later also... Keep the price down as low as possible if financing so you don't get upside down in the bike when you pull off the lot... Good Luck and Congrats on the Promotion...

Old 11-25-2007, 07:21 AM
krautrock
Cruiser

Whoa, Kyrgyzstan ... talk about a country I'd have a hard time finding on the map!

Hello & welcome from one newbie to another, great scoot! I ordered a Fat Bob yesterday and am also suffering, err ... waiting eagerly for my bike to arrive. What color did you get?

Old 11-25-2007, 12:09 PM
WGRIDER
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome from Richmond,VA

Old 11-25-2007, 03:06 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Howdy, Welcome to the forums, simso5ce. Congratulations on the new scooter AND the promotion. USAF or Army, if you'd care to say. As for advice, it's simple. Stay safe and aware( people in cars will try to kill you), ride, relax, repeat as necessary... And start saving for the" Harley Taxes"because nothing for a HD is inexpensive. And finally, Thank You, from my family and I,for doing what you do. No matter what your MOS, you're a hero to US.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 11-25-2007, 06:37 PM
simso5ce
6th Gear

It's Pewter Denim (silver)

Yea, Kyrgyzstan is a pretty small country. It's funny how I spent my Summer in Kuwait, and then Winter in the Kyrygz mountains; two polar-opposites, for sure.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:45 PM
simso5ce
6th Gear

Air Force. I did a few years active-duty as a C-130 Crew Chief, but cross trained into the Reserves under Logistics. It's funny how we deploy more in the Reserves than active-duty. Oh well, thank you for the kind words. This is my fourth deployement, and I can't stressenoughhow much it means for these guys to hear a thank you from someone back in the states, especially when they're watching news stations that debate...well, you know where I'm going with this.

Thanks again everyone,

Simson

Old 11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ran into a Dad(Army Reservist inBDU's)at my daughters ballet class, I just told him Thank You and shook his hand. He almost seemed shocked. I guess you don't hear it enough. But then again, I guess you can't hear it enough, either[sm=usa.gif]

Old 11-25-2007, 09:37 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Congrats on the new bike SSgt - I waited 20 years for mine. Glad you didn't have to wait so long...!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:03 PM
krautrock
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: simso5ce
..., especially when they're watching news stations that debate...well, you know where I'm going with this.
F*ck the news, the whole lot of them. Once deployed for whatever reason, anyone - no matter which side of the political fence they're on - should be supporting you guys 200%. Try to ignore the sniveling media parasites best you can - every person I know stands behind you guys, all the way. I'm not even a US citizen and yet I'm still grateful for the work you do and the sacrifices made. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-26-2007, 07:07 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

great choice
best of luck SGT.

Quick Reply: Hello Everyone! New Harley Owner