Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

security system

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 12:22 PM
wideride
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default security system

i just bought a 03 wideglide and it came with some sort of security system: when i press and hold the button on the fob for a few seconds turn signals flash twice, if i then push it twice they flash once. i figure this is armed then disarmed when in armed mode i can still start the bike all that happens is that the lights flash, is that all they are supposed to do- no siren or kill the motor or anything? if that is all they are supposed to do what would it take to put a siren and or a motor kill on and con i do this job myself? thanks for any and all help

Old 12-26-2005, 12:51 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: security system

If it is the HD system, it should kill the ignition in the armed position, and adding a siren if it is the HD system is just a plug in operation. It should also activate the siren (if equipped) when you turn on the ignition switch. Does the fob have the HD logo on it? You should also get a chirp (if siren equipped) when you arm and disarm the system.

Old 12-26-2005, 01:20 PM
wideride
6th Gear

hey tcstd, yea it does have the hd logo on it but no chirp when activated. is something possibly not wired up? how long should it take to kill the engine, ihavent noticed anything different in eithert mode. i have been readin alot of these forums and although iam new, your word is greatly respected! thanks again for your help

Old 12-26-2005, 01:46 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

From what you say, it sounds like the HD system is installed on your bike and it should prevent startups entirely when activated. The missing chirp could be due to the fact that the siren module is not installed. As far as the ignition not being killed, you should contact the dealer about that IMO to find out if it is a hookup problem as I have no diags for that system. Sorry I couldn't help more here...

Here's a clip on the security system..

The Harley-Davidson factory security system fits all Twin Cam models, can be hidden within the recesses of your bike, weighs very little, and is attached to your bike so there's nothing to remember or forget. Plus, it disarms the starter and ignition while monitoring the electrical system and vehicle motion, and the siren will still function even if the battery wires are cut. When coupled with the H-D pager, it will monitor security system activity and report your bike's security condition within a large range (approximately 400 yards) from the bike. While an alarm can't replace a strong lock attached to something permanent, such as concrete or steel, it does give you a little more peace of mind.

Here's the link... https://www.hdforums.com/m_207026/mp.../tm.htm#207026

Old 12-27-2005, 02:17 PM
jeepguy65473
6th Gear

I have an 03 Wide Glide, with the alarm on your bike should not start at all, the previous owner may have put a bypass on it, just take it to the dealer and let them have a look they should be able to tell you if it has a bypass or not, Unfortunatly you cannot just remove the security system because everything is wired thru it, mine went out and the part alone was $239.00.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Gooch
Cruiser

I have an 05 WG with factory alarm. When armed I have a red key symbol that flashes on the speedo, and yes it does kill the ignition.