Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I signed no waiver.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 04:43 PM
towman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I signed no waiver.

I picked up my new 06 Street Bob on Thursday. I didn't have to sign a waiver on the bearing problem. I was also advised that it has been taking care of now. He told me that the bearing doesn't have to be replaced at 15,000 miles anymore.

Old 12-25-2005, 08:02 PM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I signed no waiver.

I don't know if I'd believe that or not. I personally have not heard that it is "no longer needed". I'll bet not even one 2006 Dyna has reached 15K miles yet, therefore why would they all of the sudden cancel a program that they started up to monitor trends in the new Dyna's?

By the way, it is not a WAIVER. This has been misquoted by many. It is an AMENDMENT to the owner's manual. Picture shown as such below. If I were you I would get that paper signed as it may be your only avenue to get the free service done if your bike needs it. Without the signed form you may be S.O.L.

By the way, when I bought my bike I had to ask them to go get the form so I could sign it. They conveniently "forgot" it with all of the paperwork I had to sign. Go back and get the form signed by them and take your copy home.

Old 12-26-2005, 03:29 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, if it were true, that would be the best Christmas present ever........ I dont beleive it though. I would advuse you to follow Cobras advice. I actually WANTthem to checkit ourafter 15K, just so I KNOW thatits good to go. Then I will beleive its OK.

What your new Street Bob "maynot ned" is the Recall work on the Tranny. It could have been done already....but I would check to be sure.

Enjoy the new ride, those Bobs are nice bikes.

Old 12-26-2005, 08:05 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is not a waiver, or a contract. It's an amendment to the owners manual. Signing this simply means you've read the amendment and understand it. It's to protect HD, not to protect you. Read the above copy closely. Also note that the service requirement may change at any time.

Lets imagine the worst case scenario. You take the bike to dealer at 16K miles because it's making a horrible noise. The bearing in question has taken a permanent vacation, and also taken part of the case and the shaft with it. Now we're talking big bux. But you signed a form promising to bring it in at 15K miles, and you didn't. Now it's all your fault, and you have to pay. OTOH, if you didn't sign any such form, and it's not in your owners manual, it's not your fault and HD has to pay for it.

I wouldn't go back and get that form.

Old 12-26-2005, 08:27 PM
towman
Intermediate

My bike was built on 12/6/05. It was not affected by the recall it was fixed prior to assembly. Anyway I love the bike, it was 78 degrees today and sunny. I was riding.

Old 12-26-2005, 09:52 PM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: towman

My bike was built on 12/6/05. It was not affected by the recall it was fixed prior to assembly. Anyway I love the bike, it was 78 degrees today and sunny. I was riding.
You are talking about two separate issues!! The primary bearing affects all 2006 Dyna's no matter what the build date is. The false neutral only affects those Dyna's made between June 9th and October 19th 2006.

On the first issue you are affected, on the second you are not. So in reference to your original posted question, you are indeed affected.

Old 12-26-2005, 09:56 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Congrats on picking up your new Bobber, hope that you don't have any problems with it and that you can enjoy the ride.

Old 12-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Renegade
Tourer

What Cobra says is true: two separate issues here. The false neutral problem is being corrected at the factory now, the bearing inspection/replacement still needs to happen. Get that form brother.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:45 AM
rde
Road Captain

I have had the same experience. I picked up my 2006 Wide Glide today and I also didn't receive any extra documents regarding the inner primary bearing issue.

Moreover, there is no amendment to the owner's manual as shown by PowerCobra89. My owner's manual was factory sealed in plastic and there were no additional documents.

I am going to take the ammendment to the dealership tomorrow and see what is going on. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Old 12-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Locojuan
Advanced

towman
I have a Dyna on order for delivery soon, the build date was Dec21/05. When I inquired about the bearing issue they told me the neutral indicator as well as the bearing issue has been taken care of? We'll have to wait and see. I am sure yours has been updated as well. Good luck with your new ride....

Quick Reply: I signed no waiver.