Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

went to buy the wide glide today

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007 | 03:26 PM
rounder
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default went to buy the wide glide today

Left without purchase. About 4-5 days earlier the purchase price was agreed upon. Came back today with the wife so she could see the bike and we could put the deal together. First the salesman hits me with the price 1200 higher than agreed upon.(it's ok he was not the original salesman as the original was off work but he knew I was there earlier and should have asked )
So he goes to talk to the manager to verify the prevous agreed price and comes back with the OK. I then tell them(the mgr. came back also) that I decided against the extended warranty.... I get "sorry to do this to you but I will need to charge you 400 dollars more for the bike because I need to make a certain profit that I get from the warranty." WTF is that crap!!!! I never even implied I would want the warranty previously and he had just gave me a figure for the bike and out the door with the warranty involved.

I said OK lets go, to my wife, and left. I can not believe that these guys would attempt to pull this crap. I have zero respect for those guys and will never even come close to giving them or their other stores any business what so ever. So now the purchase of my bike will involve me driving an hour south to Sarasota to buy a bike. Unbelievable in such a Harley dense area as Tampa is, that these guys would let someone go over 400 dollars.

I did get a message whan I got home that the salesman "went to the other manager" and they will sell me the bike for what amounts to as only 100 dollars over what was agreed. How pathetic!!!

Stay away from the Ferman group!!!

Old 11-18-2007 | 03:45 PM
[Rowdy]
Tourer
Default RE: went to buy the wide glide today

Hmm, I would have figured this from Rossmeyer... But another HD dealer scumming too?!

What has the world come to?

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Old 11-18-2007 | 03:58 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

You did the right thing, this is the kind of crap that kept me off Harleys for decades.My local dealer has some marketing practices that I'm not real happy with but they do one thing that I like.Thier sticker price is exactly what you pay, granted it's not MSRP, it's tax, license, doc fees and a bunch of accessories you didn't ask for .But what it says on the sticker is what you pay.If somebody did that to me I'd go elsewhere even if it cost a little more.

Old 11-18-2007 | 04:00 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

Sorry to hear about the bad experience, but glad you posted about it. Always knows who the good businesses are. IIRC, there's one in Port Charlotte, but that would be a little farther.

Old 11-18-2007 | 06:39 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

Did you go to Tampa or Brandon HD? When I was in Tampa, I tred to get a Harley at Brandon HD, but couldn't get the financing approved.

They were very nice there, but then again the sales person was female and a real hottie so........................................may be I missed something.

DougJ

Old 11-18-2007 | 09:10 PM
MarkM
Tourer

Try Fletcher's in Clearwater. They have the out-the-door price on all their bikes. I got mine there, no hassle at all. Small dealership, they can order one for you if they don't have it in stock. I got the same kind of runaround at Gulf Coast in New Port Richey (part of the Tampa group). Good luck.

Old 11-18-2007 | 09:20 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: rounder
the purchase of my bike will involve me driving an hour south to Sarasota to buy a bike.
Are you taking your bike an hour south for service work too???

Old 11-18-2007 | 09:33 PM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior

Ionly wish HD corporate had more control over some of their franchisees.. Its ****** like the "Mark" Fermangroup there, that really wreck it for a guy looking to get a bike. Its really a dice roll sometimes. Hidden costs,"Talk to my manager Bull$hit", Assembly fees.. etc etc.. ad nauseum..

All of those goofy remarks and the return phone call you got when you got home.. are all Joe Verde hard sell tactics that they teachsalesmen (if they stay long enough at a particular dealer) with which to wheedle an extra buck out of Joe Consumer. You did the right thing in telling them to Fu(k off.

Old 11-18-2007 | 10:43 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member

good job, i wish more people would do that, it woulden!t take long for these azz!s to change when they see the almighty dollor going south, i went a 100miles to buy my bike, and yes i take it back to them 100miles, if its warranty, indy!s do the service, they earned my bus, so i feel good about going out of my way for them also have sold them 3 deals in last year from people who ask how i got a deal, now if you multiply that 10 fold, you do the math it would hurt even the big dealers

Old 11-19-2007 | 12:00 AM
mdog2222
Tourer

I'm glad you walked man, stick to your guns. We're definately in a buyers market now. It seems like all the dealerships have tons of bikes they want to unload

Quick Reply: went to buy the wide glide today