Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

went to buy the wide glide today

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007 | 11:29 PM
whylee
Road Warrior
Default RE: went to buy the wide glide today

These damn dealers are something else, I bought my V Rod 3 weeks ago. Last week I changed my oil at the 100 mile mark. I knew from checking my oil that it looked alittle overfull. The manual calls for 4 1/2 quarts with filter, well I drained the oil and the thing had almost 8 quarts in it.
I questioned my dealer about it and they said that there is no way it had that much oil in it. They went on to inform me that you could not physically put that much oil in the engine and that I had no way to measure the amount of oil in it. I guess the one gallon empty HD oil container that I filled to the very top and 2 quart bottles filled to the top and 1 more quart bottle with 1/4 in it, is not proof.
I hate their attitudes.

Old 11-20-2007 | 08:38 AM
rounder
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: MarkM

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Yeah, the used selection at Fletcher's is small. I'm in the market for a used Road King, so maybe I'll take a ride down to Sarasota to see what they have. About Fletcher's, great place to buy your bike, but I don't think I'll bring mine there for anything other than warranty work. They're usually backed up for weeks, and then your bike goes in and out in an hour. (Who knows what they don't do that they're supposed to.) I now do my own service or bring it to a good indy I found.
I think I would call first. Long drive to not find what you are looking for.

Who's the good indy you found?? I'm up near oldsmar would be good to have someone reliable in my neck of the woods here.

Old 11-20-2007 | 10:48 AM
Muddyape
Road Master

Sorry for the nonsense. At least you dont have to go too far for service, I sold my first bike (Nightster bought in April) that I bought locally just to get my Street Bob at a dealer 45 mins further away just to get away from the first dealership (real scumbags) It made all the difference in the world. Sidenote: when I was 17 yrs old I had a good job with my dad, wanted to buy a new 1987 Buick Grand National but when we settled on the price my dad told the guy to stuff it because he wouldnt fill the gas tank and give me an inspection sticker (maybe $35 total) Bought the car someplace else for $500 less and a full tank of gas. Good luck.

Old 11-20-2007 | 03:05 PM
hawkyou
Tourer

I would go back and buy it with the warranty and then go back a week later and tell them you want to cancel the warranty. You would get a 100% refund within 30 days. That would be some funny ****.

Old 11-20-2007 | 05:17 PM
MarkM
Tourer

ORIGINAL: rounder
I think I would call first. Long drive to not find what you are looking for.
Never a long drive on the bike!

ORIGINAL: rounder Who's the good indy you found?? I'm up near oldsmar would be good to have someone reliable in my neck of the woods here.
K&K Customs in Palm Harbor. Good work, reasonably priced. Since I first went there, I've sent 3 other people there and all have been extremely happy.

Old 11-21-2007 | 11:40 PM
tyoung
Novice

I bought my Harley in Bartlesville Oklahoma. Their price is not much higher than what the Harley Davidson homepage msrp. Most Harley Dealerships around here were selling the Street Bobs for 15000 new. In Bartlesville they were selling the vivid black street bob for 13900 and theblack denimfor 14500 which was over 15000 everywhere else. The black denim is a paint upgrade.
This is one of the last dealerships that sell Harley Davidson, suzuki, honda,polaris. The salesman said that Harley told them if they ever move or rebuild there building that has been there forever they would have to become a exclusive Harley dealer or lose the right to sale Harley. I will put their prices up against any dealership around they sale a large number of bikes no need to get rich on one. They are Bartlesville Cycle Sports. I have purchased every bike i ever owned with them. The only problem is they do not kep many parts or accessories in stock have to order everything.

Old 11-22-2007 | 01:24 AM
vicsponjr
Road Master
Veteran: Army

2008 Dyna Wide Glide MSRP $17,620
Security System Option $345
Freight $300
Total $18265

I paid $16,300. That's $1965 off Harley's price,
or $1320 off MSRP, not including security & freight.
Granted, they only gave me $9000 for my 2006 Street bob with 7,100 miles on it. Paid $11,200 for it a year ago.
My dealer has competition, several other dealers within 1 hour drive.

Old 11-22-2007 | 07:47 AM
Roses
Road Captain

4+2+1/4=6.25 not 8

Old 11-22-2007 | 10:27 AM
vicsponjr
Road Master
Veteran: Army

?

Old 11-22-2007 | 04:00 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Our dealer told usthat Harley is going to slow down production on their models. Too many newer and used bikes out on the market. They did this about 3 years ago, and if you wanted a bike at that time you either took what they had or forget it......and they wouldn't trade bikes dealer to dealer either. Anyway, I agree you did the right thing. Our dealer is fantastic. We couldnt be happier. They are friendly, helpful and go out of their way to make sure you're happy. Tomorrow they're having a special 20% off ALL HARLEY PARTS...either instock or ordered so I have my list of 10 items were buying, starting with an entire Chrome Front end, Chrome hand controls and switches and housings, diamondback cables, chrome MS lines and Chrome Rear MS, Chrome lower chain guard, Chrome swing arm, new chrome grips and a few other odds and ends. Your dealer not only lost a sale.......but follow up purchases you'll make over the years. Not very smart business practices, but maybe he gets enough business from others that he doesnt care. Not smart in my book. Now, because of your expeirence, you'll tell others......who in turn, may opt to take their business elsewhere too.
Good Luck finding your bike. There's a dealer out there who I know, wants tonot only sell you a bike, but follow up with years of good customer service.

Quick Reply: went to buy the wide glide today