Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

went to buy the wide glide today

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007 | 05:17 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: went to buy the wide glide today

ORIGINAL: I never even implied I would want the warranty previously and he had just gave me a figure for the bike and out the door with the warranty involved.
So you let him give you a quote with the warranty included and that doesn't imply that you want the warranty? If you changed the deal why can't they? A lot of times deals include buying something extra to get a little discount, when you're at the grocery store and you see "buy one get one free" do you ask for the one free without buying one?

Old 11-19-2007 | 11:48 AM
livinez
Novice

Well at least you know you got the financing for your glide.
These are normal sales tactics.
HD doing it is the same as anywhere else. (Cars, boats etc)
Its a semi big ticket item and buyers who zero in on HD's are a captured market. In other words you aint walking over to a suzuki dealer and buying a Boulevard.
I tend to shop dealerships and salespeople then I zero in on what they can get/do for Me.
Noticed many bigger bike shops are being ran like high volume car dealerships.
Times have changed.
At least you can have a Mocha at the Coffeee bar while the Manager decides how much he can get out of you!!!LMFAO!!!! Freakin coffee bars[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 11-19-2007 | 12:17 PM
vicsponjr
Road Master
Veteran: Army

Stick to your guns. Did you call him back and tell him the pice was still $100 too much? (a matter of principle cause $100 finance over a couple yrs isn't gonna do much to your payment)
I call all dealers close to me and ask them if they want to beat the deal before signing. Did you call the dealer 1 hour south and try to make a deal over the phone that would beat their last offer? If so call your dealer and tell them. Had to do that with my dealer.
Had an agreement for 5.99% financing and they tried to back out of it. Told em I called dealer "B" and he was waiting to make the same dealer they offered as my back-up. Funny thing was the girl selling me the bike use to work there and new the guy I spoke to.
I visited Fletcher's when I was at St Pete Beach. Like Mark said, they have out the door price. Watched some guy buy an 08 Wide Glide while I was there, which was before I got mine. Tore me up inside.
You don't have to have it serviced where you buy it. An hour ride home thru Fla on a new Wide Gilde???? Works for me!

Old 11-19-2007 | 01:13 PM
rounder
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: DougsDyna

Did you go to Tampa or Brandon HD? When I was in Tampa, I tred to get a Harley at Brandon HD, but couldn't get the financing approved.

They were very nice there, but then again the sales person was female and a real hottie so........................................ m aybe I missed something.

DougJ
those two are the same company along with tampa HD

Old 11-19-2007 | 01:19 PM
rounder
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Baeseman1

ORIGINAL: rounder
the purchase of my bike will involve me driving an hour south to Sarasota to buy a bike.
Are you taking your bike an hour south for service work too???

nope can go to fletchers 20 minutes away but mostly the service bay will be my own garage.
I do my own work.

Old 11-19-2007 | 01:28 PM
stbobber
Road Captain

call Petersons in miami, there cool.

Old 11-19-2007 | 01:31 PM
rounder
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: MarkM

Try Fletcher's in Clearwater. They have the out-the-door price on all their bikes. I got mine there, no hassle at all. Small dealership, they can order one for you if they don't have it in stock. I got the same kind of runaround at Gulf Coast in New Port Richey (part of the Tampa group). Good luck.
I wanted to but they sold the streetbob i was interested in.

their used selection is like nothing now.

I'm paying cash and buying preowned(more value for the dollar)

Cool thing.. I actually ended up buying a 05 fxdc with 2k miles. Has sissybar, leather bags, windshield, and chrome pegs and grips.
Bike was 3000 less than ferman(brandon HD) wanted for the same bike with 10k miles without any of the extras.

So I now own (well will pick it up wednesday) a 2005 fxdc instead of the 01 wideglide I was gonna get. This bike is definately a smarter buy and much better deal but it's not quite as sexy as the styling of the wide IMHO. I am still uphoric from the nice 20 min. test drive I took on it earlier today so I am very pleased.
I think it's destiny.

Old 11-19-2007 | 06:39 PM
mikewilson
Stage IV

I no longer do any buisness with Jims in St. Pete. I did a dealer assist with them last winter. They charge $500 for that. And thats fine. But then they charged me a $200 prep fee. For a bike that they didn't do anything to!!! I asked about that fee. They said it was for paper work and stuff. What about that $500 I just paid them. I really wanted the bike and didn't have the cash to buy it outright. So I kept my mouth shut after that. I liveless than 10 min from them, but drive to Fletchers when I need authenticH-D parts. Lucky for me I do all my own work. Jims will never get another penny from me. The Tampa Bay area H-D dealers should take a good look at the way they do buisness.
Mike

Old 11-19-2007 | 09:14 PM
rounder
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mikewilson

I no longer do any buisness with Jims in St. Pete. I did a dealer assist with them last winter. They charge $500 for that. And thats fine. But then they charged me a $200 prep fee. For a bike that they didn't do anything to!!! I asked about that fee. They said it was for paper work and stuff. What about that $500 I just paid them. I really wanted the bike and didn't have the cash to buy it outright. So I kept my mouth shut after that. I live less than 10 min from them, but drive to Fletchers when I need authentic H-D parts. Lucky for me I do all my own work. Jims will never get another penny from me. The Tampa Bay area H-D dealers should take a good look at the way they do buisness.
Mike
Add to that their pre-owned bikes look like junk and their new selection is left wanting compared to the others. Sarasota is awesome. No wonder it's (Sarasota) been voted the best city to live in the country a bunch of years!!!
Both dealers in sarasota are owned by the same owner as well. Great selection and great prices.

Old 11-19-2007 | 10:21 PM
MarkM
Tourer

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Yeah, the used selection at Fletcher's is small. I'm in the market for a used Road King, so maybe I'll take a ride down to Sarasota to see what they have. About Fletcher's, great place to buy your bike, but I don't think I'll bring mine there for anything other than warranty work. They're usually backed up for weeks, and then your bike goes in and out in an hour. (Who knows what they don't do that they're supposed to.) I now do my own service or bring it to a good indy I found.

Quick Reply: went to buy the wide glide today