Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What handlebars??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 10:57 AM
larazauk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What handlebars??

Have a streetbob and just cannot get on with the bars, too uncomfortable for longer distances.

Have searched through the site and got together a few bits of info but would be really grateful if you guys would post what bars you have fitted (pics if poss) and how comfortable you find them.

At the moment I'm leaning towards some Flanders flat track bars but don't want to make a mistake!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:26 AM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What handlebars??

Check out the krome werks sweepers in my sig pic. They look like mini apes but feel like drag bars with a good pull back. Verry comfortable! I actually push them forward cause I like to stretch my arms out forward. But they are still too close to "look cool" enough for me. I don't mind being slightly uncomfortable to get the look I want. Check em' out. If you like them, maybe we can trade!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:34 AM
larazauk
Tourer

ORIGINAL: devils haircut

Check out the krome werks sweepers in my sig pic. They look like mini apes but feel like drag bars with a good pull back. Verry comfortable! I actually push them forward cause I like to stretch my arms out forward. But they are still too close to "look cool" enough for me. I don't mind being slightly uncomfortable to get the look I want. Check em' out. If you like them, maybe we can trade!
Thanks for the offer but I'm in the UK and reckon it would probably be cheaper for us both to buy new bars!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:43 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At the moment I'm leaning towards some Flanders flat track bars but don't want to make a mistake!
You've probably already seen these but here ya go http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...hoppics008.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...shields002.jpg

And no you really don't want to make a mistake especially with Flanders cause they're pricey.I think mine were around $115. If I were you I'd go down to your nearest HD dealer and check out the bars they have on the Nightster I'm pretty sure they're the same thing and probably the same ones they used to put on the XR883.They're probably cheaper at the HD shop but Flanders will give you more options like ordering them in black or chrome or pre "dimpled" or pre drilled for wiring.I got the "dimpled " because I'm not quite up for internal wiring just yet but you may want to try that while you have them apart.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:49 AM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The old buckhorn bars that used to come on most all Harleys are the most comfortable. If you get bars that are too flat the stretch to reach them will kill your back on longer rides. But a lot of people think that stretch looks cool. Don't know why.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:03 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

The old buckhorn bars that used to come on most all Harleys are the most comfortable.
Are these the bars that come stock on the Superglide, the Softail Standard or the Road Kings? Before I bought my Flanders I went to my local HD shop and they were less than helpfull, they basically looked in a catalog and if it didn't specifically say it would fit my bike which was a brand new model at the time they acted like it wouldn't fit.In fact they only bars they had that they were sure would fit without new cables were Sportster bars.The Street Bobs have plenty of extra cable for lower / wider bars they just can't go to much taller apes without new cables.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:45 PM
cornishman
Road Master

These are Burly Classics, 1 1/4" dia. internal wiring much more comfortable at any speed from 50mph up, deadeasy to change.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32129/37BE703947614750B60B9213BF28027A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-17-2007, 04:51 PM
cornishman
Road Master

Oh and i do have a new braided clutch cable thats not going spoil thelines (above the bars) on the way.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:11 AM
larazauk
Tourer

ORIGINAL: SPECIAL ED

You've probably already seen these but here ya go http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...hoppics008.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...shields002.jpg

And no you really don't want to make a mistake especially with Flanders cause they're pricey.I think mine were around $115. If I were you I'd go down to your nearest HD dealer and check out the bars they have on the Nightster I'm pretty sure they're the same thing and probably the same ones they used to put on the XR883.They're probably cheaper at the HD shop but Flanders will give you more options like ordering them in black or chrome or pre "dimpled" or pre drilled for wiring.I got the "dimpled " because I'm not quite up for internal wiring just yet but you may want to try that while you have them apart.
What does 'dimpled' mean?

Old 11-19-2007, 07:05 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

What does 'dimpled' mean?
They have dents in the bar for the wiring to fit in between the bar and the switch housing.I had never seen anything like it before but this is my first harley.I don't think the switch housings would bolt back up without it.

Quick Reply: What handlebars??