Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sears Yellow Jack-do I need adapters for 07 LR?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:54 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

I've got a McLaren that goes right under my lowered WG and a set of the HD frame adapters. Works fine, but my next investment is going to be a table lift.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:58 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
I have no problem accessing the true track with the mod?

Ace or just about every other hardware store sell metal spacers that you can fit in between the the lift pads.
Aluminum spacers
http://www.aluminum-spacers.com/?gcl...FRwwawodjnEObw

If you already have the lift adapters, you can separate 2 of the lower plastic pads from the rubber piece that fits to the frame and use those at the front to clear the clutch cable and to level out the bike better. Using the rubber portion does NOT make the bike unstable as they fit snug to the frame and sit flat on the lift pad.
I have found that there is no place for a seperate jack to support the engine while lifted. I've been messing with my isolators / true track lately since having the front set-up replaced (if you remember my thread showing half of the front stabilizer link missing). Figured I would go ahead and replace the isolators too. The front was easy with the bike being support by a wheel chock and using a small floor jack to support the motor once the isolator was removed from both the frame and motor mount. I tried lifting the bike to gain some better access to the rear and the modded jack was just purely in the way of everything I needed access to.

I haven't touched it in several weeks. I know, shame on me. Having lost my workspace has put me back to working in my yard that is made out of sand.

I have several other issues to deal with like a leaking damper bolt on one of the forks. Not sure if it came loose. Just flat-out getting tired of messing with the front end.

The other thread showing a sport bike being lifted off the ground via a tree limb and ratchet strap has me thinking. lol "Ya'll come'ere and watch this....."

Old 10-07-2010, 01:58 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I have found that there is no place for a seperate jack to support the engine while lifted. I've been messing with my isolators / true track lately since having the front set-up replaced (if you remember my thread showing half of the front stabilizer link missing). Figured I would go ahead and replace the isolators too. The front was easy with the bike being support by a wheel chock and using a small floor jack to support the motor once the isolator was removed from both the frame and motor mount. I tried lifting the bike to gain some better access to the rear and the modded jack was just purely in the way of everything I needed access to.

I haven't touched it in several weeks. I know, shame on me. Having lost my workspace has put me back to working in my yard that is made out of sand.

I have several other issues to deal with like a leaking damper bolt on one of the forks. Not sure if it came loose. Just flat-out getting tired of messing with the front end.

The other thread showing a sport bike being lifted off the ground via a tree limb and ratchet strap has me thinking. lol "Ya'll come'ere and watch this....."
damned backwoods mechaniacs.....lol

Reminds me of when I was kid, we used a chain fall over a big oak tree branch to pull manya car motor....

Old 04-20-2014, 05:30 PM
dupmaronew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the adaptors really needed? I'm borrowing a buddies jack and don't want to buy the adaptors just for this one use. Can blocks of wood be used or something?

Old 04-20-2014, 07:05 PM
98glider
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a 98 superglide and I do use little piece of plywood that are squares to lift my bike up. Now I put them under the frame to clear the bolts drainplug and exhaust . It works good for me but watch as you lift it.