Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Passenger Pillion

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 10:57 AM
roadkillvespa
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Street Bob Passenger Pillion

The Harley pillion for the Bob looks pretty bad ,I bought oneon e bay when I got my bike earlier this year,sold it again before it had even been sat on.

Picked up a standard 2 up from an 06lowrider custom on ebaywhich looks much better and gives you a pillion of sorts, my wife did a 30 mile trip on the back of the Bob in March and has not been back on the bike since!,in fact since thenshe has decided tolearn to ride herself instead !

Pre 2006 Dynaseats wont fit though and don't forget to adjust the ride height on your shocks up to the max.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:18 AM
ChrisA351
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant tell ya how muchIhate my ugly pillion. New 2 up seat coming when I can free up the cash.

It ruins the look of the bike.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:19 PM
GentlemanBiker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, I don't think the passenger pillion looks so bad. It isn't quite as sleek as some of the two-up's, but it also provides a more comfortable seat for the passenger than many of them. I got one after I decided that the Sundowner wasn't quite what I wanted. I see a LePera in my future...

Speaking of seats, though, I am bothered by what's happening with the stocker I put back on. It's getting all these little bumps...why, I don't know, but I'm probably going to take it to the stealership and see if they'll replace it under warranty.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:06 AM
sofus
Cruiser

Thanks all.
I've decided to go for the sundowner 2-up, but I have another question.
Do I need to mount the strap? One of the resons it's there is for the passenger (something to hold on to). Butis it neededto hold the seat in place?
Sorry for poor english.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:36 AM
lone rider
Tourer

Glad you've decided to go with 2 up seat, the pillion pad looks crap...if you have a "Denim Black" SB keep an eye on the paint below the seat, it can aquire a permanent rim if you don't catch it quickly and clean it off, also be careful removing the plastic ring for the seat nut, that can scratch the paint work too. The strap is next to useless but it does give a more finished look to some seats. Do invest in sissy bar they're the most useful accessory you'll ever buy...ya can strap just about anything to it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39204/B3EDC736EF154FEE9BD95490E874DADA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-18-2007, 06:53 AM
skip3406
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the passenger pillion for my bike from Zanotti right after I bought the bike. When I got it I set it on the rear fender then I put it back in the box and that's where it's still at. $110 down the drain.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Bobber S
Tourer

The pillion is an inexpensive alternative to purchasing a2 up and you get what you pay for. I have both a pillion and a 2 up.If you aredriving 2 up forlong distance riding... IMO the best thing to do is get a CorbinDuel Tour with the backrest option forthe passenger. ( can also get a driver back rest if needed ) Buying a Corbin willtake care of the passenger back restdecision you will at some point be faced with i.e.detatable or fixed. A Corbin will cost you more but the convience is worth it, and yes they are hard, but are well designed and comfortable.

http://www.corbin.com/

Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 AM
sofus
Cruiser

It's a Denim Black. I like the Crimson Red Denim, but I guess the black is "safe" ("everybody" else has the denim black though).
Have already ordered passenger pillion,detachable backrest, passenger pegs, HD forward controls and narrow band billet style handgrips. All pegs will be narrow band billet style (small diameter). Will the narrow band be ok on a black bike, or should I have chosen black?

I'll phone the dealer tomorrow and tell him to switch the passenger pillion for a sundowner 2-up. 95% of my riding will be solo with the stock solo seat.

edit:also ordered SE slip-ons and SE AC.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:20 PM
vicsponjr
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

. I'm not suggesting buying one, but ya need a sissy bar to finish off the pillion. Looks silly without it.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:56 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Is there a 2-up seat out there that isn't going to require a hole or permanent bracket in the rear fender? Seems like all the Corbin ones do, even if they're the key release.

It looks like there isn't a perfect solution where a 2-up seat can be swapped in without ruining the look of the fender.

Quick Reply: Street Bob Passenger Pillion