Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Fuelpak on a 2007 Street Bob - Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007 | 07:38 AM
flynavy
|
Road Master
Default RE: V&H Fuelpak on a 2007 Street Bob - Issues?

Trotter and Blue, I have had mine installed for a few days, but no chance to road test it as yet (weather). I really had hoped I did the right thing in getting the fuelpak with my set-up. Fuelpak shows this chart on their site:
http://www.fuelpakfi.com/chart.htmlI thought that was some proof of performance.

At my local HD dealer, they have and run Dyno testing by a guy who really does know what he is doing.

I wonder if I purchased a SERT or PCIII off ebay (prices are way lower than what HD retails them for) would HD still install it and perform the right dl/adjustments?

I agree with Blue, if you love your bike - and I do - than I want it to run right, and to it's full potential at the same time. I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that a proper dyno run is the only way to actually "see" the proof of that.

Old 11-24-2007 | 07:47 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Fly - the SERT is a box that resides off your bike so no 'install' required, hence dealer/service guy wouldn't have a clue where ya got it. They would only use it to connect to the bike and their dyno/computer to tune. Not so with PCIII which does reside in your bike, but since not a Moco product, doubt they'd care where you got it. Go talk to the head engine tech at Nashua that does the dyno tuning and ask what he prefers to work with and what gets him the best results. Dunno what he's say, but betcha it's SERT. As I said before, he did mine w/my SERT and got great results.

Chip

Old 11-24-2007 | 07:53 AM
Trotter
Banned

Your on the right track now... The most important part is to make sure the Tuner is comfortable with the SERT and tunes with them everyday.. I bought the Fuel Pack just to see how well it worked.. ( see pic below ) I have a Serton all my bikes and my wifes bikesalso ... I'm a firm believer in testing with hands on before offering any comments.. Tryed the PCIII, and the Thundermax, and the Fuel Pack.. I'll stay with the SERT !

[IMG]local://upfiles/24219/180D3F7AB0C848D98A0623F5273C4A41.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-24-2007 | 09:05 AM
flynavy
|
Road Master

Chip - Thanks I will. Do you recall the guy's name? I suppose if a dyno run showed my mix to be okay with the Fuelpak, why not stay with it? I am never going beyond Stage I with this bike. I am likely going to get a Road or Street Glide in a few years, so....

Trot: Wow. Maybe you got a bad Fuelpak? I am aware that a few folks on here have had issues that were fixed after sending back their fuelpak for a new unit. I would make sure yours is right before trashing it...or at least put it on ebay. You had bad results with the T-Max? That sucker is expensive and is supposed to self-tune. That didn't work either?

I mean if you have found nirvana with the sert, by all means you gotta go with what you are comfortable and confident with. I'm still just in the infancy stage of all this, but so long as I can get close to a good dyno line, and the bike runs well, I don't see any practical reason for spending more money. If it ain't broke, don't fix it....

Old 11-24-2007 | 09:08 AM
flynavy
|
Road Master

ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A FUELPAK EVER ACTUALLY GET A DYNO RUN?

WHAT DID IT SHOW?

Old 11-24-2007 | 09:24 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: flynavy

Chip - Thanks I will. Do you recall the guy's name?
Nah, sorry Fly, I am the absolute worst when it comes to remembering names, but he's the head engine guy and I think the only dyno tech they got (?). I was told about him by another rider and forgot his name then, too! So when I made the appt. I just asked for the head engine guru to do the tuning - they knew who I meant and all was good after that.

I understand your concern about costs, but wait until Spring when you can seriously road test the V&H Fuel Pack - I think for me it was a matter of how much I wanted it to be the best it can be and not so much being just good enough. Thoughts of future engine mods beyond Stage 1 really never came into the equation. Plus got lots of good advice BEFORE I made the purchase/decision on a fuel management system and talked myself into not seeking the cheapest solution when it came to my engine.

Chip

Old 11-24-2007 | 02:46 PM
Trotter
Banned

Fly...I have a dyno in my shop and I test everything I can before installing and feeling confidentwith our work .. Thundermax & PC III is fine... But I prefer the SERT going by all the testing we've done... The fuel pack was fine Just to inconsistent for me to give it the green light ... I dont want to see them come back because of it poppingor any other reason.

Old 11-24-2007 | 02:48 PM
Trotter
Banned

Old 11-24-2007 | 02:57 PM
Dirt91
6th Gear

Road test today and the FP seemed fine. Alittle gargle like it wanted to pop when you clutch and let off quick a few times but no backfire. In my case the FP is all I really need. I just wanted alittle more sound out of the bike than what the stockers offered. not planning on going any further with engine mods (definately not until the warranty runs out) at his point I can remove the FP/Breather and slip ons to take it in if it needs major sugery with no questions asked. One question on the SERT though, if you do any modifications do you have to take it back in for programming and buy dyno time? I may go that route in the future on this or another. One more thing to the dyno guys.... Is the FP better than the stock ECM programming if you justput on the slip ons with the breather kit.................

Thanks!

Old 11-24-2007 | 04:12 PM
VenturaChop
Road Master

wow dude your throwing away 200 bucks.........my fuel pak is pretty perfect...i get some popping, very rarely and my bob runs like a champ

Quick Reply: V&H Fuelpak on a 2007 Street Bob - Issues?